ACId PrO

this is a very subjective question. every producer on here is gonna tell you they love there particular DAW they use. just try it out and see if its workflow is what ur looking for.

i feel like those daws (acid cool edit cubase etc.) r good starter programs nd help u learn daws. i would say learn those programs first then u should move onto pro tools or logic IMO

ACid's good. Easy and fairly straight forward to use. look it up and try it out and see what you think. Friend of mines been producing with it for years. I've fukd with it it for just as long but as off last year or so I hav'nt been since I got my MPk I've been playin my sample chops in rather than arranging and slicing.

I really don't see why most people seem to think Pro tools n logic is like the be all and end all like other DAWs are limited or something... never understood their reasoning... If you can get done what you need and want with what your using shyts irrelevant..

When i started i used acid to make beats... definitely good to learn on. Plus i used to record in there too. Once i learned that inside and out i could pretty much use any daw. I switched to protools for a while to track and record and it was mad easy to pick up since i already knew acid so well. Now i use audition to chop/record/pretty much everything.

edit: this doesn't belong in this section btw.

Last edited:
ACid's good. Easy and fairly straight forward to use. look it up and try it out and see what you think. Friend of mines been producing with it for years. I've fukd with it it for just as long but as off last year or so I hav'nt been since I got my MPk I've been playin my sample chops in rather than arranging and slicing.

I really don't see why most people seem to think Pro tools n logic is like the be all and end all like other DAWs are limited or something... never understood their reasoning... If you can get done what you need and want with what your using shyts irrelevant..

not so much that theyre limited but the sound quality in ur music is def better wit pro tools nd other higher end daws IMO.. i would say learn the basics on those then elevate.. ive used all those programs before i used pro tools nd i wouldnt of been able use pro tools as good nd as quikk as i did if i ddnt learn from acid or cool edit..
i used to use fl to make beatz nd now i use reason.. but again if i ddnt learn those basics from fl i would be clueless in reason..

Back