Ableton Live 9: Can you sample your own scenes?

lachlanism

hypothetically,

if i were to make some awesome little keyboard motif, and i wanted to sample that so as to pitch it up and down and chop it up and whatnot, how would i go about doing that? I've tried dragging the scenes into the sampler but that's not working.
I hope this makes sense

I want to sample something from within live, a sound that i made myself, instead of a sound i've imported from somewhere else, if that makes sense.

What i am having trouble with is getting that sound into the sampler. i've tried to drag and drop one of the "colourful box's" onto it, but that doesn't work at all.

You should try making an extra audio track, and then changing the audio in to the track that you want to sample. hit record, and you should end up with a wav file of whatever you wanna sample. drag that into sampler

Not a live user but look for a bounce in place option, or like previously said route the output of your midi track to an audio track

One option is after you have made what you want in a MIDI track, right click that track and select the "freeze" option. The track will turn light blue and you wont be able to change it anymore but all you have to do now is right click the track again and select the "flatten" option. This gives the same result as recording the MIDI track through live but is a bit quicker. The only downside I can see is that you have to do the whole track at once, whereas recording into an audio track you can do whatever bits you like.

Don't let people confuse you. All you need to do is create an audio rack. Then right click on the midi rack with the stuff you wanna sample and select freeze. Now that the rack is frozen you can drag the block with you midi info onto an empty slot on the audio rack and it should convert that to audio. From there you can drop that audio into a sampler and tweak it up. If I were you though I would warp it and then duplicate the clip. You can transpose the sound without having the time change. I hope that helps

Here's how I'd do it.

Create an empty audio track and go to the input/output settings of the channel and select "Input/audio from" and then the track that you wish to "sample". Then all you need to do is enable the empty audio track for recording and hit record, your new sample will be recorded just as it sounds to the empty audio track.

This is especially useful when you're dealing the with types of sounds that will sound different every time you play them, because this lets you record for as long as you want and after a minute or so you should have plenty to go around, then just pick out the bits and pieces that you'd like to keep.

Last edited:
record your midi,,,freeze,,,export into audio and than you can resample it?^^

E: right click btw on the midi quarter thing...

Last edited:
I think laffa-yett said it best. Lol if you don't understand that then you need to consult the manual

Back