9th wonder makes a beat from scratch ..

yeah its as easy as is (IF) U KNOW whaat u doing ..it applies to everyone not just 9th, this should spark kreativity !!!

S0 dope, the beat is ill as usual...one of tge greatest of all time, so soulful!!! Props for the video
9th wonder one of the greatest? really? 9th is good i love 9th but one of the greatest? im just not seeing it. I can name 10 producers off top who are better than 9th

Dr Dre, Kanye, Just Blaze, Dilla, Pete Rock, Dj Premier, Hi Tek, Marly Marl, Large Professor, Track Masters, Dj Quik, Havoc, Scarface, Battlecat,

ok thats more than 10 but there are a lot of cats better than him

Define better??

Like production-wise or how the sound comes out..

Production-wise I agree, some people are better, but you gotta credit his sound man..
9th is special.

both. I like 9th but just because hes good doesnt mean hes the best of all time or even in that catagory. Will people be talking about him in 15-20 years? I dont think so. Will his music transend time like Dr Dre's? To me 9th is well past his prime and he does have a good loyal fanbase but I don't see him ever becoming one of "the greats"

both. I like 9th but just because hes good doesnt mean hes the best of all time or even in that catagory. Will people be talking about him in 15-20 years? I dont think so. Will his music transend time like Dr Dre's? To me 9th is well past his prime and he does have a good loyal fanbase but I don't see him ever becoming one of "the greats"

He's one of the best in my eyes...his sound is so unique and the way he uses and chops soul records is up there with the greats to me.

Dilla n Pete r my favs, I don't like anyone more then those two but I would put 9th in my personal top 5, it'd be those three and prolly rza and preem.

The one thing I can say about 9th is that his drums aren't on the same level of q tip, havoc, dilla, etc. But his style is the exact kind of music I love...I guess I'm a sucker for soul music...

I also have to say that damu has better drums as well.

I have to say I agree, that for what people like large pro, marly, havoc, track masters, etc, have done for the genre they are better but I like 9ths sound more, that's why he's one of the "greats" to me. Although when I think of records like midnight marauders, breaking atoms, and hell on earth it's hard for ms to say 9ths better then these dudes...everyone has their place in hip hop history.

Btw I thouht u said ur not a big fan of dillas music?

Last edited:
Not bad.

I know I have this sample but I can't think of what it is and its pissing me off.

I gotta agree with Xabiton somewhat. 9th is ill...but I'm usually either really impressed or really underimpressed with his joints..and, snares, 9th, snares.

9th wonder one of the greatest? really? 9th is good i love 9th but one of the greatest? im just not seeing it. I can name 10 producers off top who are better than 9th

Dr Dre, Kanye, Just Blaze, Dilla, Pete Rock, Dj Premier, Hi Tek, Marly Marl, Large Professor, Track Masters, Dj Quik, Havoc, Scarface, Battlecat,

ok thats more than 10 but there are a lot of cats better than him

U R Space Buggin ! No one has seen Dr. Dre make a beat ! Any one with money can buy someone's BEAT and call It Their. Just because he sold alot of records don't make him or anyone else one of the GREATEST , as of matter of fact you are only as good as your last hit ! So where are these GREAT PRODUCERs ? TODAY I don't hear them on the RADIO , TV, or any where ! They are stiil alive !:banghead:

Last edited:
why does everyone put 9th in a boxx hes as good as the best of us an hes as bad as the weakess link.. (dont forget) he has the best equpiment to use aswell..and bout 50,000 records ,i think to me i would be like kid in a candy store with endless vinyl ..

he doesnt always make dope beats ,cause if he did ,thru the 25 per week he said ' he makes -i would think a handfull of those joints will breathe air on the internet ..hes not the best just that hes really good at what he does .

euff said

how come people always get off topic ,tring to size 9th up .

realax everyone ...lmao

Last edited by a moderator:
He's one of the best in my eyes...his sound is so unique and the way he uses and chops soul records is up there with the greats to me.

Dilla n Pete r my favs, I don't like anyone more then those two but I would put 9th in my personal top 5, it'd be those three and prolly rza and preem.

The one thing I can say about 9th is that his drums aren't on the same level of q tip, havoc, dilla, etc. But his style is the exact kind of music I love...I guess I'm a sucker for soul music...

I also have to say that damu has better drums as well.

I have to say I agree, that for what people like large pro, marly, havoc, track masters, etc, have done for the genre they are better but I like 9ths sound more, that's why he's one of the "greats" to me. Although when I think of records like midnight marauders, breaking atoms, and hell on earth it's hard for ms to say 9ths better then these dudes...everyone has their place in hip hop history.

Btw I thouht u said ur not a big fan of dillas music?
a fan more so in the sense that I am not aware of his music. ive heard good and bad. Dillas good stuff is better than 9th good stuff imo

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

U R Space Buggin ! No one has seen Dr. Dre make a beat ! Any one with money can buy someone's BEAT and call It Their. Just because he sold alot of records don't make him or anyone else one of the GREATEST , as of matter of fact you are only as good as your last hit ! So where are these GREAT PRODUCERs ? TODAY I don't hear them on the RADIO , TV, or any where ! They are stiil alive !:banghead:
Ive never seen you make a beat either so should I assume you are just blowing hot air? Never seen R Kelly make a track but hes still a legendary R&B producer. Never seen Quincy Jones write a track but hes probably your favorite producer's favorite producer. Dr Dre's name is all over a lot of classic records it ain't got shit to do with if hes touched a keyboard or not the fact that he started out in the 80s and is still getting consistent work and is still being mentioned when niggas want to do an album says a lot. And I have heard too many great producers and artists who have not made hit records.

Back