50 Cent Jackin Producers!!!!

deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:
^^^And even if you did manage to win something...
...First you can't get nothing, now maybe you can. Please. 50 don't care about you're ass. That's why he did it. If it was a big name producer it would a been a different story.

As a true FPer, I say sue his WACK, BLING BLING RAPPING ASS!!! Even if you have to share with the original sample artist, something is better than nothing. You can win. If George Bush is president, anything is possible.

I have a few numbers too. Hit me up, my grandma is connected as hell!!!

other than your obvious dislike of 50, how can you believe he can win without knowing all the details?
clearing samples doesn't automatically allow you to create a legally copyrighted work.

dope beat for shirley.50 cent though? dude is a dump link! did he get a beat cd and just put vocals over himself and call it wood or does mustafa know curtis?well very snitty. sorry for the jackin 4 beats treatment.

J. Silva, no offence, but any producer from Timbaland to Storch to Dre who's gotten anywhere has gone thru this.

I've gone thru it. And I'll say this one more time. There is no legal action that can be taken when someone uses a beat that resembles yours and it contains a sample. Granted, he could sue if he helped 50 write the song, he could put alot of heat under 50's azz, get a settlement to shut him up and never work in the industry again, or he can look into legalities, learn he's not entitled to anything and move forward.

50 didn't get rich by throwing money to everyone whos path he crosses. Nobody does, there's no reason to make enemies in this biz over nothing. You're talking to someone who could write a book on being blackballed and making enemies over nothing. Being that I'm stubborn, I won't apologize, so that's simply doors closed in my face over kid sh*t.

Hating 50 and giving out advice based on that ain't gonna fix the original poster's problem, just make it worse.

I guarantee you anyone up here with major credits and a few years in the game will agree with that.

F**k with 50, you f**king with alot of connects. Sueing when things don't go your way, you're f**king up even more connects. You can hate 50 and still work with Irv Gotti, but if you sue over beats, Irv don't want sh*t to do with you. You're burning the Golden Gate Bridge thinking you're just kicking over a log that goes across a stream.

F**k with 50, you f**king with alot of connects. Sueing when things don't go your way, you're f**king up even more connects. You can hate 50 and still work with Irv Gotti, but if you sue over beats, Irv don't want sh*t to do with you. You're burning the Golden Gate Bridge thinking you're just kicking over a log that goes across a stream.
and this thread isnt helping any. the net is becoming the next big thing for the industry. u find a bunch of hungry cats with a lot of talent that dont want a lot of money. most of us would crap our pants if 50 got at us for a beat. I wouldn't even trip on 50 jackin my beat Id just ask for credits. If the record is hot enough everyone will run your way. Hell cats are gettin record deals off myspace now

fifty sucks anyways .. i hope you sue him for everything!

Good luck

Mainboi23SX said:
lol @ the members saying to sue

These days everybody want to sue, get over the hump.

you woudnt be saying this if he jacked your beats ..

Guy Furiouz said:
you woudnt be saying this if he jacked your beats ..

I wouldn't even sue for this seriously. I would try use it as an advantage to get work and more connections. The track uses portions of an already made recording. There is so little he can only do.

dude that jacked you prolly was a visitor on the site when yall passed this sample around.

**** 50 he bogus

u sittin on millions of dollars and u need 2 jack niggas

and i liked that track

mustafa u raw cuzzo

go get ur money homie

stand up 4 the rest of us

Damn, that is total Bullshyt! I cant believe, well I take that back, I can believe 50 did it, like dude said b4 "he would sell crack to teens to make dough", shyt he did sell crack b4 making it according to his own story!
I like some of 50's stuff by damn, this pisses me off! I cant believe he jsut jacked yo shyt, w/o even talking to you, that is messed up! I hope you get yours homie! 50 should have to pay out the ass for this, just because he did it the wrong way! With Dre and Storch and all them in your stable, there is absolutely no reason to even do this! No one should do it, but 50 that is ridculous just because of all the people who he could get to work with him the right way! DAMN!

On the positive side though, your going to get exposure for this and that will prop your name up! Take it to his ass homie!

PEACE

A similar thing happened to Apex, but he made profit out of the situation. It's like in the song Lose Yourself by Em, you got 1 shot, 1 chance. Either you fail or you win. This is where the skills of a smart business man comes into the game.

I went back and read what D'ranged said and he is right! I would be pissed too, but D'ranged sounds like he knows the deal and you should listen to him, shyt maybe even PM the dude and get more advice on how to go about this shyt! IDK, but making the right move here could make you, but making the wrong move could break you too! Something to think about?

I think it sucks, but if you do it right and follow the right peoples advice (I would PM D'Ranged) then you might be way better off in the end! KEEP IT POSITVE! and good luck to you!

PEACE

Just giving you the honest truth, fam. 1, the beat contained a sample, so you can't say he stole your concept or used elements of your beat, 2, the CD was package promotionally with a book, so there's no profit made directly from the CD anyway, 3, he most likely didn't intentionally screw you. If you have no way of contacting him, he most likely has no way of contacting you. 50 is a fair dude, you're better off trying to get in touch with him than trying to persue legal action on a case you have no way of winning.

I've been down this road a few times with artists and producers FPers think are gods. 9 times out of 10 communication fixes it.

DUDE U MAKE A LOT OF SINCE I GUESS TRY 2 GET AT HIM BUT DERANGED U CANT PUT SHHH PASS THESE NIGGAS OUT HERE NOW A DAYS

I here what some of ya'll said and from someone who doesn't know much about legality would say something like "you have no grounds to do anything cause it was a sample", "I would call him and work something out or take it as a loss but promo for your name", "50 has lawyers that will find all the loop holes". I did my research I know my stuff about copyrights and entertainment law I posted this to get your views and let you guise in on some wacked out information but whatever you belief is the proper way you have a right to that I cant take that from you. Ive talked to 50's manager over the phone and face to face before his book even came out and I talked to him 3 days ago ya'll may know him as Sha Money XL. Sha Money is no longer with G-Unit records him and Young Buck now have their own label. They've told me they were gonna pay me and they even told me to remake the beat with live instrumentation and I did and they said it was undeniably hot and it was better than the original and they said they were gonna use it. But if you pay close attention to the sample it is cut in serveral pieces and it is constructed in a way away from the origanal sample accompanied with a drum pattern that was also copied. Now if you instrumentally replay the way you chop something it is no longer a member of the body it is now a new entitiy. The way I compose my derivitive work it is now copyright infringable if its tested. Apex's story of how he got snatch of his track which was a different situation cause they came looking for him and I'm not gonna settle for the chump $1500 change from a multimillionaire that we are dealing with. Apex settled for that because he had grounds to do nothing cause it was a street single and a mixtape smash nothing published. All what happened to Apex happend before the release of CURTIS so if he would have waited he could have got that song dropped from the album or if they would have went through with it he could have got them for millions but he settle for $1500. I know my rights and what I'm entitled to so I'm not gonna sell myself short. And if its this "You can jeporedize your career" If I get him for millions I can start a new career don't mean I will stop making music its just I aint the one to be messed with... holla at me

Back