50 Cent Jackin Producers!!!!

Mustafasbeats

I need ya'll input on a situation that me and 50 cent are in right now... I have already took legal action I just want to get some of ya'll input and views on this situation...

http : // www . z s h a r e . net / audio / 415378022c18bc /

its z s h a r e

Put it all together

Very interesting. It's pointless to get into who's wrong/who's right because 50 would sell crack to a teen to make dough, so expecting these people to play by the rules on their own is expecting too much.

I hope you not only sue him, but sue him in an absolutely ridiculous way. Ask that all copies be pulled from shelves and make a BIG deal out of it so that the story gets picked up by mainstream news orgs.

The more often stiff legal action follows these things, the less they should happen. You're really fighting for a lot of people with this one. Good luck homie.

Just giving you the honest truth, fam. 1, the beat contained a sample, so you can't say he stole your concept or used elements of your beat, 2, the CD was package promotionally with a book, so there's no profit made directly from the CD anyway, 3, he most likely didn't intentionally screw you. If you have no way of contacting him, he most likely has no way of contacting you. 50 is a fair dude, you're better off trying to get in touch with him than trying to persue legal action on a case you have no way of winning.

I've been down this road a few times with artists and producers FPers think are gods. 9 times out of 10 communication fixes it.

I mean no disrespect by prying but since you put it out there already, why didn't 50 come correct and break you off yours? I mean he's sitting on bundles so I'm puzzled as to why he'd try to Jack you for a beat? Heck, he can get beats for free just on the strength so I'm confused why he'd pull a stunt like that.

Give us more info if you would. I only ask because you put it out there like that, ya dig?

deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:
Just giving you the honest truth, fam. 1, the beat contained a sample, so you can't say he stole your concept or used elements of your beat,

But in this case, Mustafe's beat was used by 50 for Puppy Love a while ago, right? So there's no way 50 could have an original concept if he's worked on the very concept already?

3, he most likely didn't intentionally screw you. If you have no way of contacting him, he most likely has no way of contacting you. 50 is a fair dude, you're better off trying to get in touch with him than trying to persue legal action on a case you have no way of winning.

I've been down this road a few times with artists and producers FPers think are gods. 9 times out of 10 communication fixes it.

Man, as someone who sits on the sidelines, I am completely interested in your thoughts on this. Scratch mag only tells us so much ;) and it appears that people who take legal action never get work again, but at the same time, I can't imagine getting jacked by 50 and doing nothing about it. Hits don't come around that often.

^^^Let's just say I had no choice but to leave VA to get work for a similar reason. And although the song was recorded before, it was never released. So re-recording it isn't breaking any rules. Artists send me tracks all the time that don't make the final cut of their albums. If they go with another beat that sounds like the one I made, I have a case...unless the beat was sampled. Then rules change. That's why Ashanti didn't have to pay B.I.G. for that ripoff of the "one more chance" beat. Why J-Lo didn't have to pay Craig Mack when her and Ja used "Flava in your ear" for "I'm real".

It's alot of legal mathematics that you overlook, burn bridges, and then before you know it, you realized you turned an alliance into an enemy when you could've taken that door opening.

deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:
It's alot of legal mathematics that you overlook, burn bridges, and then before you know it, you realized you turned an alliance into an enemy when you could've taken that door opening.
ive been thinkin bout things just like that a lot lately. its kind of dangerous to say negavtive things about artists on forums for that reason too. if i were the original poster id do my best to get this thread deleted and find a way to holla @ 50. Im sure if Apex got his money for the song you can to.

F@CK 50, sue his ass. Since he already used your original beat, he knew about you and still didn't holler to talk business...that's low. If it was the other way around, I bet 50 and them crushed anybody for stealing. Yes, because they are so tough and street...

Even if they "remade" your sampled beat they shoulda gave you some cash just for using your original idea. Is not like they are broke.

50 Cent is f@cking lucky. Just an average rapper with good music behind him...and don't forget the now required bullet holes...he even stole the 50 Cent name from Kelvin Martin, a REAL thug. He should pay that guys family big money for that too.

Hey, pay me just for talking about your wack ass...

Last edited:
damn man hope u get ur money and all that and X u need to joint the ban

I hope it wasn't no sample if so u can forget it because tha sample does not belong 2 u .and I doubt he even heard ur song now another producer could have jack u and sole it 2 him cats do that all tha time .with out tha rapper ever knowing what they did .I know a cat that sent a beat cd 2 50 and 50 2 track tha beat and put it out on a mixtape. tha producer want 2 sue but him and 50 had tha same lawyer and tha lawyer said if you do that don't look 2 get in tha game you'll be history. so he fell back and I think he's with jermaine depree right now ...so good luck and becarefull

if you don't have a contract stating that your track can't be touched or redone without permission, you might be sh!t out of luck. your track is sampled, the people you sampled may have a case for the similiarity and phrasing.

need to know the details (contract, copyright and who owns it, etc) but do you want to post that on a forum?

^^^And even if you did manage to win something(don't listen to FPers ranting with no experience, you're really not entitled to anything), the original composers you sampled are entitled to a cut of anything you recieve.

Again, fam, it's in your best interest to use this as a connect. Get in touch with 50 and his camp. If you need numbers, I got them.

Last edited:
Back