Are you looking for soul samples???

you say you have to have listened to the songs for years an appreciated them an all that stuff,but surely it doesnt matter,if you happened to hear somethin that stood out to you,an you thought it would sound nice constructed in a hip hop beat,then surely you shud be able to flip it.

personally,i dont think id sample my favourite songs,because id rather they were left as the classics they were in my mind,untouched an original.

plus,are some of you saying that if i wanted to sample a 3 second horn riff or something simialr from a soul record, that it wudnt be respectable to do so because i hadnt listened to the record numerous times? thats bull**** if thats what your saying.im sure producers like buckwild (who claims to own over 20,000 records) havnt sat and listened to every record an only sampled the ones hes listened too hundrads of times.

if it sounds dope use it,dont waste beat makin time trying to love it!just make a ****in dope beat!

just my 2 cents.

beat addict said:
i love soulmusic , and most of the youngsters don't know about those artists... or refuse to listen to that old wack **** .... unless it,s sampled and turned into hiphop with a dope mc on it.. then they'll be like, ok it,s nice. and that,s just plain ignorant!!!

it,s all about respecting u'r elders

now tell me i'm wrong damned

I agree wit you 100!!!!

krytikal69 said:
you say you have to have listened to the songs for years an appreciated them an all that stuff,but surely it doesnt matter,if you happened to hear somethin that stood out to you,an you thought it would sound nice constructed in a hip hop beat,then surely you shud be able to flip it.

personally,i dont think id sample my favourite songs,because id rather they were left as the classics they were in my mind,untouched an original.

plus,are some of you saying that if i wanted to sample a 3 second horn riff or something simialr from a soul record, that it wudnt be respectable to do so because i hadnt listened to the record numerous times? thats bull**** if thats what your saying.im sure producers like buckwild (who claims to own over 20,000 records) havnt sat and listened to every record an only sampled the ones hes listened too hundrads of times.

if it sounds dope use it,dont waste beat makin time trying to love it!just make a ****in dope beat!

just my 2 cents.

word,

you just expressed my point with a few examples.. anyway, if u dont like what people make, then dont listen to it.. its as simple as that.

dont *****, boycot!

Back