workflow in ableton live?

nvus

i'm still using reason atm, but i'm trying to make a transition to ableton. can anyone suggest a good video that shows the workflow with abletono when sampling? from beginning to end would be nice. i normally do my chops in recycle, then make a combinator in reason with a dr. rex and other devices such as EQ and reverb. if someone could somehow "translate" this workflow to ableton using the session view that would be perfect.

search for how to chop in ableton on youtube, people do it loadsa different ways. There's a video somewhere on there with ski beats and it shows how he chops up a sample in ableton (it's on their website too). As for EQs etc. u literally just drag and drop them onto the track and tweak them. Drums can be handled in the drum rack which effectively acts like an mpc style pad (plays nicely with mpds, mpk and other midi kit) and you just browse your music library and drop samples onto the pads.

like the other guys said there are many ways to chop samples in live. my favorite way is to set up the warp markers in a sample where I would like the chops to be, then I right click and press slice to midi and you have all your chops on a seperate pad inside of a drum rack. very easy

Back