Why do alot of music producers use Mac's?

I recently bought a Mac Pro and it is the best investment I've ever made.

Last edited by a moderator:
old thread but ima bump it. Why do ppl use macs? I still dont understand. They are just overpriced PCs.

Apple's popularity as a music computer can attributed to third party DSP hardware which did all the heavy lifting for the Mac, I am of course referring to Digidesign's hardware.....that's right the Mac halo effect is kind of based upon the erroneous assumption that the computer being pulled around like a wagon was awesome even though it was the DSP hardware pulling it along like a powerful horse the whole time.

The only advantage of using a mac is that if you like looking like a massive douche, you'll instantly look like a bigger one.

#winning.

Last edited:
I dunno but I think I'm the only one in the world that would love to get a PC over my mac once I save up. A lot of interesting vsts/plugins are available only on PC.

Because its way simple, like on windows for example, you have more things to care of, for example:

- You need to build your PC(graphic card, ram, processors etc...)
- Way more viruses
- Way more errors and bugs
But obviously PC is more cheaper, but ye in Mac you have basicly the whole computer in "the box", they made everything working together, so everything is connected and mastered.

Back