Who's down to be apart of a beat tape using all CTI samples...

G

Gilson

Seeing how people seem to be down for the whole community beat tape idea I thought it'd be cool to make a beat tape using all CTI Records for samples. (I was actually going to make a beat tape with just my beats using these records, but I don't have enough time, so here we are now)

If your not up on CTI you probably should be. Even though most of the records released on CTI have been sampled multiple times, + some, it doesn't mean they still can't be flipped again.

So if your down let me know in this thread. If enough people are interested I'll start a new thread where people can respond with what artist/song they are sampling so there are no "doubles". I'm thinking somewhere between 15-20 beats depending on length of beats. Could also use a few remixes to make things interesting.

Here is a link with some info on CTI Records and a partial artist list. There is also a blogspot dedicated to this label that I believe has downloads. Not sure what it is though. Maybe some one can link it up..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CTI_Records

If enough people are down I will for sure get some proper cover work done and MAYBE get someone to master the whole thing..

i like the idea. i don't have the time (or skills) to include a proper beat but i will for sure give it a blog post.

a lot of good ideas and projects floating around here lately. its what i like to see.

I most deffinently down!!!! anybody got anymore blogspots?? And when ld we finish up?? When is the deadline??

Don't know do I will have time for this, but in case when is deadline for this?

Last edited by a moderator:
man, got a couple of cti records i think, havent checked in a while...but i am def in...i aint touched jazz in a while

ohh ish, just checkd the site gilson, nina simone...i am in this

Last edited:
Glad people are down.

The deadline can be whenever...

April 10th?

Back