Who is ur favorite sampling producer

People talking about Jake One here n there, but for some reason I only know one song from him, which is the one with Freeway and Brother Ali...
post some please!

Also I think DJ Honda is worth mentioning, I think he didn't make that much but the stuff he did was pretty dope, like the joint he did with Jeru The Damaja.
Plus what about Fredwreck? The Riders on the Storm Remix was dope as ****, but I don't know if he samples a lot ...

And last I wanna mention some german beatmakers you shouldn't sleep on if you dig sample work with that gritty 90s feel!
Morlokko Plus for example

or the Homie Suff Daddy

Peace

Dre
timbaland
preemo
alchemist
just blaze
jake one
9th wonder
kanye
dilla
ski beatz
trackmasters
rza
easy mo bee
d-dot

J Dilla is my all time favorite. I also like premo, pete rock, 9th wonder, the alcheminst and so on...

Everyone is mentioning Dre and Premier...but in '91 both Dre, Premier and the Beastie Boys sampled the same break ("Big Sur Suite" by Johnny Hammond)

The Beastie Boys ended up with the best beat...they are very underrated as producers and have flipped some crazy shit, often by layering samples from man different songs. Paul's Boutique had hundreds of samples and was the most slept on masterpieces ever.

20 years later this beat bangs as hard as anything today(and is better than what Dre and Premier came up with for that break):

Last edited:
Back