Where to find vocal samples?

Hi all,

New to the forum, new to producing, be nice ;)

Apologies if this is a silly question. I don't understand where to find vocal samples. And the law behind them. Basically im listening to a few beats at the moment for inspiration, and i hear beats with someone singing/talking in the background. I cant post links, but if you paste this into youtube to hear an example of what i mean ' Kanye West Type Beat "Yesterday" '

I'm wondering where do you producers find these sort of samples of that woman singing? I hear so many instrumentals with these sort of samples over it, or even just a sample of someone talking. So my question is where do you guys find these? Do they cost? Does it not cost ALOT to get these samples cleared? Again sorry if this is a silly question, just trying to understand! Thanks!

Hi,

let's talk about vocal samples in general, you can get vocal samples from records (Full song,Accapella),sample packs, vsts, whetever, but i usually get vocal samples on my own from rock records soul records, it doesn't matter what the genre it is,
after finding something inspired you, then chop it, pitch it, little bit of reverb, delay,make it shine and stand with the beat, so it depends on the way you flip sample, stretching, pitching, every producer is different, here's an example of what i'm saying

Rakim;After U Die, it's not the same as _Kanye West Type Beat "Yesterday''_ or pitch level, it is diffrent type of production but just to give you an idea

Rakim;After U Die Link; Rakim's 'After U Die' sample of Return to Forever's 'Do You Ever' | WhoSampled

Freeway and Jake One_Know What I Mean; Freeway and Jake One's 'Know What I Mean' sample of Clara Ward's 'Feelin' Good' | WhoSampled

Hope it helps,

Thanks,

Thankyou! Appreciate the help. Im a little confused about the law regarding using those samples. For example, on the Freeway&Jake one track, would the producer not have had to pay alot of money to get that vocal sample cleared?

Back