Where to find 808 sounding toms from typical breaks?

frequentc

I'm looking for 808 sounding drum samples (specifically toms), preferably reason friendly, or just a wav I could work with in recycle.
Particularly 808 toms that were used as breaks for 80's synthpop. Those synthy pitched and verbed toms for fills and breaks, I've been trying to find either nice 808 tom samples or VST plugins to match the depth and sound of one.
Similar timbre to those of this song. (particularly at the 3:00 fill)

Miami Nights 1984 - The Getaway - YouTube

can anyone help me out with my endless search for the perfect synthpop tom?
oh and some 80's synthpop instruments (synth and pads and all that) would be appreciated.

I'm looking for 808 sounding drum samples (specifically toms), preferably reason friendly, or just a wav I could work with in recycle.
Particularly 808 toms that were used as breaks for 80's synthpop. Those synthy pitched and verbed toms for fills and breaks, I've been trying to find either nice 808 tom samples or VST plugins to match the depth and sound of one.
Similar timbre to those of this song. (particularly at the 3:00 fill)

Miami Nights 1984 - The Getaway - YouTube

can anyone help me out with my endless search for the perfect synthpop tom?
oh and some 80's synthpop instruments (synth and pads and all that) would be appreciated.

Roland TR-808

its old as hell and hard to find but the drummer boy refill for reason has all sorts of drum machines in it. Or you can get the sonic reality vintage drum machines refill. or just grab a tom module from kong and tweak it out.

its old as hell and hard to find but the drummer boy refill for reason has all sorts of drum machines in it. Or you can get the sonic reality vintage drum machines refill. or just grab a tom module from kong and tweak it out.
I doubt he will put that kind of work in, as u can tell he wants it ready for Kong.... For a small fee I got u @frequentc

I've tried putting in the work on the synth Tom on kong but I just can't match the depth and the attack of the Tom I want no matter how much I tweak it. And besides, I want to mimic the drum machine on the album and it sounds like an 808 soundboard. This Airy synth tom has been in breaks in music more than a few times, and they all have close to if not identical timbre and was wondering if the sample was somewhere out there. Hell ive even found it in drum fills in crappy keyboards.

I've tried putting in the work on the synth Tom on kong but I just can't match the depth and the attack of the Tom I want no matter how much I tweak it. And besides, I want to mimic the drum machine on the album and it sounds like an 808 soundboard. This Airy synth tom has been in breaks in music more than a few times, and they all have close to if not identical timbre and was wondering if the sample was somewhere out there. Hell ive even found it in drum fills in crappy keyboards.
Its not really a break par se that would involve some generationing its right off the drum machine and its not an 808 just a synthetic drum. I would point you to the drum machine it came from if I knew what one it was. Play with some decay reverb and distortion settings it should be obtainable on the Kong modules

Back