Where do you get your samples from?

you could start creating your own samples. Many artist are using their original sounds, loops , fx. Also vsti synths are able to making samples :)

I get my samples from the world around me. Sounds like a simple answer, but it consists of everything from the screeching cab that won't stop for me to cartoon theme songs from my childhood to songs my parents used to play to music I shouldn't even know that I discovered on my own.

I like to think I have a pretty original way of sampling, so I will take almost any sound and rather than look for a dope part, I try to make something completely new from the sample and use my own own instruments and recordings as well.

youtube, solely cause my retarded horseshit town doesnt have any record stores with good shit in them

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

you could start creating your own samples. Many artist are using their original sounds, loops , fx. Also vsti synths are able to making samples :)
why even bother bringing this up in a section called "SAMPLING & DIGGING"

I have a few diggers I cop shit from here and there. But usually dig in new music that most people aren't ****ing with. Thank god for the internet... because there is some amazing material to flip. If you get over being a "purist", i.e. dusty vinyl, you can find alot of really amazing stuff to flip and freak out.

I have a few diggers I cop shit from here and there. But usually dig in new music that most people aren't ****ing with. Thank god for the internet... because there is some amazing material to flip. If you get over being a "purist", i.e. dusty vinyl, you can find alot of really amazing stuff to flip and freak out.

So true, I have a gang of stateside and foreign shit that nobody would ever touch (foreign) or because these are artists they just haven't heard of. You just have to look around though. I've stumbled across crazy samples by accident sometime.

Back