Where Do You Get Your Records From?

deshawnpenrose

Gettin Money
Where Do You Get Your Records From, And What Are Your Favorite Ones To Listen To And Sample From, also how many do you have.

4 crates well 2 of the crates were in a flood and the records are stuck together but yeah 4 full crates.

i got around 500.. I usually go to thrift stores and Rasputin. My favorite kind of records are those german/italian classical opera type ones. Also any instrument records like harp and spanish guitar. Good for sampling and listening pleasures :)

About 10-15 dont really sample much but i like to get a few sounds i hear sometimes.

i get 'em @ thrift stores + a record store (if i can find one, tho there is one convieniently placed very close to my house)

I go to old folks homes and trade the newer technology of tape cassettes for there old records. I got a nice bb king record today for my old Bel Biv Devoe tape. ... "back stage underage..."

PetrifiedMonk said:
I go to old folks homes and trade the newer technology of tape cassettes for there old records. I got a nice bb king record today for my old Bel Biv Devoe tape. ... "back stage underage..."

that's what's up. I definitely use my imagination to find records. I try to buy out huge lots for cheap, so I've got a ton of records. I don't want to throw away records, so they just keep piling up.

491052612_l.jpg

me and my main mc(pictured) go here... the shelves wrap around...got some hard to find records in there as well as dollar bin stuff...

My avant- aganoir collection of 4000 selling on ebay...i don not have a list but will tell ya'll what's new....as soon as i can download/convert them to mp.3 format...they will be the worlds

eccentric1 said:
My avant- aganoir collection of 4000 selling on ebay...as soon as i can download/convert them to mp.3 format...they will be the worlds

You're gonna convert 4000 LP's?? yeah let us know when you finish that up ;)

I need a place like that segundo around my area, all i got is a thrift store I can only go to 1 every 3 weeks. nothing really in distance inless I travel 50 miles up.

i get my records from record stores.
i'm usually listening to zapp, parliament, prince, ohio players, or cameo.
i like to sample those big old Readers Digest compilations, where they have an orchestra playing movie themes, hit songs, and the obligatory tchaikovsky/rachmaninoff stuff.

Mainboi23SX said:
I need a place like that segundo around my area, all i got is a thrift store I can only go to 1 every 3 weeks. nothing really in distance inless I travel 50 miles up.
all of the goodwill and salvation army stores in this area are nothing but classical and Christmas albums... i've basically did my thing there many times over.... my main mc's girlfriend's dad owns the shop i posted a picture of.... some days we go in there for up to 4 hours just listening to records and digging....

Wax-n-Facts (Little 5-Points, Atlanta), flea markets, thrift stores, relatives, old people's closets and basements...I have no shame, if I see dusty grooves, I'll ask for a price!!!

Back