Where do you get your drum samples?

Man I look everywhere possible, samples, every last inch of google, buy packs, whatever way you can find something to be different from everyone else lol.

From records most after some hardwork (listening, sampling, tweaking) i finally end up with some dope one-shots drumbrakes!

You want funky stuff, listen to funky stuff. If you listen to the guys who were pushing it further than the rest in ways of experimental funk in the early 70s, it was littered with breaks

The only place I'll sample from are breaks, or anything I know I can clean up.

I don't bother with drums that have transients from other instruments over them.

In that case, I'd rather just take however long I need to approximate that drum.

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

The rest of my drums come from a few legit kits I've downloaded over the years.

And I must warn about downloading kits, a very good majority of them are GARBAGE.

Things were taking up tons of space on my CPU only to find they're stock FL sounds with a little bit of processing, etc..

[/COLOR]The rest of my drums come from a few legit kits I've downloaded over the years.

And I must warn about downloading kits, a very good majority of them are GARBAGE.

Things were taking up tons of space on my CPU only to find they're stock FL sounds with a little bit of processing, etc..

true indeed!! ive downloaded a lot of weak kits with a few gems here and there.. sampling breaks is the way to go tho!! all depends on what kind of sound your going for with your beats in my opinion

A long time ago i saw this great youtube video of red spyda n he said take a month out to gain your sample library....so i did it dont matter were you get drums from it cud be breaks, cds, tapes, video games, sometimes at work or wen im shopping, even wen im on hold wen i call the dr. Theres music playin so i listen and write down any lyrics i hear....keepin a pen and paper has found me alot of good samples or drums.....think bout it..

Back