when sampling a single sound how do i make it longer?

ThaRealSnowMan

i sometimes sample sounds form a song and they are short and i cant play them long, theyre the same length as in the song i took them from. i saw some guy on youtube said he stretches them or something? how can i make them longer?

Beleive it or not the program Audacity has the ability to slow things down without changing the pitch. I use it just for that emergency tempo control.

what DAW do you use?

fruity loops. i managed to make one souund decent. i stretched it twice or 3 times its size and messed around with the time stretching pitch. but it still sounds bad im not sure if this is how you do it or if theres and easier way.

Last edited:
you can try doing both (time stretching it and raising the pitch in the sampler window), also like Outss said, audacity is the shit for time stretching

Last edited:
YOU DIDIN'T HEAR THIS FROM ME BUT...The way i do it you need a mac. you can slow the speed down as slow as you want/can. It doesn't matter if it affects the pitch because it won't lose its quality. next I use Audio Hijack. very good program for the mac when it comes to recording samples. With it you can adjust pitches from 2400 cents high to -2400 without it effecting the quality, it has alot of other cool effects too, & last time i downloaded it it was free!

don't sleep on that

YOU DIDIN'T HEAR THIS FROM ME BUT...The way i do it you need a mac. you can slow the speed down as slow as you want/can. It doesn't matter if it affects the pitch because it won't lose its quality. next I use Audio Hijack. very good program for the mac when it comes to recording samples. With it you can adjust pitches from 2400 cents high to -2400 without it effecting the quality, it has alot of other cool effects too, & last time i downloaded it it was free!

don't sleep on that

damnn anyone know any programs like this for windows?

fruity loops. i managed to make one souund decent. i stretched it twice or 3 times its size and messed around with the time stretching pitch. but it still sounds bad im not sure if this is how you do it or if theres and easier way.

Whoa... are we in the Matrix or something, it hasn't been Fruity Loops since what 5 or 6 lol

Find a loop point somewhere toward the end of the sound resample it place it on a different pad/key (depending on what you're using) and you can keep triggering it make the note extend

that's how I would do it anyway

Back