When Sample Jackin

Adlib311

Umbrella Music Group
Do you guys jack em in Mono or Sterio?

I been jacken em in Mono, but i think i might go the sterio rought just to give it that airy expanded feel. what you guys do? mono or sterio?

Always in stereo...

I can always convert it to mono if hte situation warrants it...

i record them as 2 mono tracks. this is cus i may usually only want one insrument sound, & chances aret that its been panned one way or the other, so if u taker the individual mono's u can decide which onne to filter/EQ/whatever

Usually mono as I sample from vinyl and normally isolating one channel will give me a better shot of the sound I am intersted in, also you should always sample bass in mono, I use multiple samples in any given track so there is no need to sample in stereo, I create my own stereo mix, if you are just using one loop though then you might want it in stereo, mono also uses up half as much memory (i only got 16mb)

the truthe™ said:
i record them as 2 mono tracks. this is cus i may usually only want one insrument sound, & chances aret that its been panned one way or the other, so if u taker the individual mono's u can decide which onne to filter/EQ/whatever

Good point.

I never sample in stereo unless it's a big sounding record with strings, horns, etc. . As for drums/percussion... never.

(in a squeely obnoxious helium voice)- Mono is dope....and for the record certain records from 1962-1979 were recorded in mono with a little (deep breath) vinyl static....and all "sampling" has been well in vintage land..when you sample like i DO at 12.000 8-bit with lo fi filters to get the pete rock sounding sh*t / the madlib sounding sh*t / OR THE MF DOOM sounding....uhhh I'M OUT OF BREATH!

twinings said:
Usually mono as I sample from vinyl and normally isolating one channel will give me a better shot of the sound I am intersted in, also you should always sample bass in mono, I use multiple samples in any given track so there is no need to sample in stereo, I create my own stereo mix, if you are just using one loop though then you might want it in stereo, mono also uses up half as much memory (i only got 16mb)
::APPROVED::

Back