Whats your view on loops

L3NT

Hey guys im new to future producers i ve got 2 questions
1.)I've been producing for quite a while and i was just wondering is it cool to use loops
i do all my leads and beats but i use hat loops or clap loops in my tracks which makes the track even more rich .

2) when i save my track as mp3 the sound in the mp3 differs to that of the DAW . (Fl user btw) . so i ve been using sausage fattner , fl multi compressor and p eq2 in the master mixer . do too many things spoil the output ? or should i just stick to eq2?

as far as looping stuff off records/other media, it's cool, i respect it but don't do it. that's how a LOT of classic beats were made.

as far as loop packs, don't use them either, but i don't see a problem with using percussion loops. when it comes to melodic loops, i start questioning the creativity, why not play your own synth lines?

using the loops from packs is different to me than loops off records because you can't make classic soul/funk whatever loops with VSTs very well (i can't at all personally.)

use whatever you want, just try to make it your own. A lot of people don't know that hit boy made paris from a big fish cd for the main melody. Using perc/clap loops is nothing

to answer the second part of your question:

Yes mp3 does sound different especially at lower bit rates, take the sausage fattener of, its not really a mastering plug in. if you're looking for a one knob solution (which I don't recommend) use atleast the sound goodizer.

Also exported audio will sound different if you're using an ASIO driver in your daw and the Windows driver for the rest, ASIO has a better stereo image and frequency response.

I use an external audio interface have both my daw and the rest of sounds playing through ASIO so the only difference I hear is due to mp3 conversion.

To put things into perspective, by default FL studio exports MP3s at 128 kb per second, WAV files (which are lossless) are at 1411 kb per second which means that mp3's have roughly 10x less room for sound information.

Use all the loops you like. Chop them and move them around. Mute some parts. If it sounds good it is good.

The bounced MP3 should not really differ much from the DAW output. Need to check settings for the bounce.

I dnt use loops... always thought it was kinda cheating in a way...
Plus im very selective when it comes to my drums so....

As far as the music goes... learn to mix and alot of that will be cleared up...
I dnt know how much u actually kno about using the parematric eq and compressors...
But i would def look into to learn what exactly there doing n what frequencies lay where...

I would also export in wav to give u the truest sound
-export to mp3 once your completely done mixing and the beat is completed

I use percussion loops sometimes. but i usually use loops that have weirder types of percussion something that sounds different. or shakers or something

If you find a dope loop, use it. If you don't someone else will, then you'll be kicking yourself. All that matters is the end product, it doesn't matter where you got your sounds from.

Looping is pretty much my main focus, it's so amazing what you can pull from a track, distort, tempo change, anything you like. The results can be so varied but so interesting. As far as loop packs go such as drums and things I would never use. I enjoy getting a particular sound I like from a track and using it in a completely different way so it no longer resembles the original sample.

Some of the best songs in hip hop came from loops, just make it your own.
There are soo many kick and snare patterns we can use(Fact we have all used someone Else's loops before)
and its all been done before

even if you chop a beat you're creating a loop so you're still looping..doesnt make any difference man, ppl get too lost in the science and forget that all that shit is shit sounds ill

if you use a subtle loop in the background to establish a melody and the layer chops and stabs over it often times people won't even notice you looped...unless of course you post it on a "producers" forum.

nothing wrong with using a loop it's just how you build around it. Like others in this thread said, looping has produced some classic records, but i really enjoy seeing producers build around a loop which alot of producers don't do.

Back