Whats that one record that gave you trouble?

2Jaze

Ever have a sample that could've been just perfect if there wasn't some crazy obstruction, like a sound coming in at the WORST time, or just something you couldn't EQ out? Or maybe even some vocal(s) that wouldn't have a damn thing to do with anything someone buying the track would write about? Post that trouble song here, or at least describe the issue. Just wanna see if its only me that goes through that.

I had this one OJay's sample, and no matter whaaaaaaaaaaat i did, i could not EQ out the hats used, it was just too dirty for what i was trying to do. And i was able to eq them down pretty good, but the rest of the sound suffered horribly...ever have THAT happen? Or when a sample has the perfect strings or something, but then some big drum or something comes in at the WRONG time?

that happens to me all the time i find a sample and be like this is the **** and just as i listen for what all i want to take there will be like a gong or something crazy come in. So its not just you its everyone

man i had this bee gees sample. on the last part of the sample, the note changed from gangsta to gay soundin. i tried choppin it like 10 different ways, but everytime i never got that sound i wanted. so i said forget it. and that was gonna be a hot joint too.

funeral for a friend elton john the part i wanted to loop would not loop perfectly i still think it was a pitch change but it couldve been a bad chop

happens all the time, kinda pisses me off. especially when i want some vocals but theres like a piano or a snare i cant almost get out but not quite

Back