What is your favorite Sampler?

CowboyClyde

Hey all,
With all these online Black Friday sales, I am thinking I might splurge and get Kontakt 5.

What are you favorite samplers out there? What do you currently use?
If you use Kontakt 5, is it worth it?

Thanks!

Kontakt is the reason native instruments made komplete.
The synths are pretty good but imo you can do much more with zebra or alchemy or even the omnisphere.
Kontakt's worth it because of the amount of libraries that essentially replace real instruments[If you can afford real instruments and orchestras, then kontakt isn't for you]

Favorite samplers are studio one, nnxt and wavepad. Kontakt is worth it due to sheer size.

I think it all depends on what works best for your workflow.

Kontakt is great and is very powerful, but depending on your DAW, there's likely tools just as good that are already at your finger tips. For example, Logic's EXS 24.

My flow is to chop up samples in Audition (I love the interface, ease of use, and speed. I find it much quicker, for me, to chop than in Logic.), and then load them up in a Logic EXS24 Instrument.

For playing instruments and such, Kontakt is awesome. Lots of good guitars, keys and synths for it. If you learn how to script, you unleash a whole 'nother world.

Last edited:
One of the things I like about Kontakt is the scripting which allows me to write little programs to manipulate my samples in interesting ways, it's real nerd stuff though.

One of the things I like about Kontakt is the scripting which allows me to write little programs to manipulate my samples in interesting ways, it's real nerd stuff though.

What sorts of things are you accomplishing, Holland?

I have opened the script window, MAYBE once or twice. What language is it based on?

What sorts of things are you accomplishing, Holland?

I have opened the script window, MAYBE once or twice. What language is it based on?

I can do things like set up keys for articulations create modifiers such as arps and sequencers custom controllers graphic UI.....shit like that.

Not sure what language it's based on, but if you know the basics of programing it's not too difficult to pick up.....there are a few resources out there you might want to hunt down including a half decent scripting editor.

Back