What vinyl are you sampling/listening to RIGHT NOW?

I'm converting my old MPC samples to rex! Three years worth of beats now being fixed up and ready to be sold.

EDIt-might as well say the most recent one. It was an eartly 70s song called Country Cookin. Originally sampled off vinyl in 2001. and UFO by ESG.

Last edited:
MJ - Music & Me..just listening to a few ebay purchases today

jizzer said:
MJ - Music & Me..just listening to a few ebay purchases today

I thought about making a Kanye style track about music but I figured it would be too corny. Were you gonna speed up the first verse and add that snare?

if i tell you ill have to kill you.

naw, Roberta Flack. also Graham Central Station.

Last edited by a moderator:
LMAO, I'll tell you and don't get jealous

Sam Cooke-it's an album with no title when he was on RCA in the year 1970.

Tyree D. said:
I thought about making a Kanye style track about music but I figured it would be too corny. Were you gonna speed up the first verse and add that snare?

nah I was just listening for fun lol..but the whole album does sound kinda Kanye-esque now that you mention it!

a lot of non-soul music.. i have always sampled bob dylan type music... soul music is just so easy to sample and flip, i like sampling things that hip hop fans aren't used to listening to.... what guy in the hood listens to cher?

on my turntable this moment i have average white band. its decent. i too like to sample the wierdest **** i can, i just grab any record that looks good to me.

all i know is H.Beriloz : Te Deum (Album), other text is written in russian. Actually i can make out two more words. tenor and solist :)

Mainboi23SX said:
LMAO, I'll tell you and don't get jealous

Sam Cooke-it's an album with no title when he was on RCA in the year 1970.

sam cooke died in 1964. Well, his biggest hit was released one year later. He died flashing his money to some Asian hooker. I hope they don't become the death of me.

no actually he died by the hotel manager shooting him and beating him to death with a broom stick.. the asian hooker had lied or something claiming he was assaulting her and she ran to the desk.. as sam went to the desk in nothing but his blazer(no pants) he was shot and beat to death.... noone was ever convicted and many people believe it was a coverup....

Apparaentley Elvis said there was some conspiracy around his death...

Neways back to the topic, right now I'm dabbling in a Rachel Yamagata joint...

Tyree D. said:
sam cooke died in 1964. Well, his biggest hit was released one year later. He died flashing his money to some Asian hooker. I hope they don't become the death of me.

Yeah, its some album that a whole bunch singers sung his songs on, its alright.

Sam Cooke, I hope to see you Earth hopefully someday.

I was playing with some Cuban jazz earlier, but right now I have a Lonnie Liston Smith record on.

Damn, that info about Sam Cooke is f*cked up!:( man no justice.

Back