what kinda records do U like to dig threw for samples?

Anything, ya dig-in!(get it) Except country, but reading the back of the covers and stuff helps and record labels too.

Mainly for me, a lot 70's Bands, Soul and Jazz.

basically, anything is usable..but what really gets my attention is rare soul, and funk, why? cause my drums are all sampled...and most of the time u can find some sick drums off of records like that, but really u can find that on rock,jazz and other type of genres.But for some reason every time i see some rare funk or soul i jump on it right away.

Whatever I can get my hands on. I digital dig (dont shoot please) so I might look at someone's credit list, like Just Blaze for example and find some group that no one samples, like Supertramp for example, and then find some of their records. I found 1 or 2 good Supertramp samples before. I'm really feeling heavy metal though, I dunno, its just something about it. Ever since I heard that Rocks N Roll off the S.A.S. album, I've been wanting to sample some metal hard. I got one song under my belt and found a nice Nightwish song earlier, so that should be ok.

well ive been sampling alot of Jazz and Blues.. cause its got that nice smooth feel to it when u turn up the bass..(at least it does to me)

but ive been sampling alot of new rock/emo/punk stuff.(non chipmunkin of course) i jus sampled System of a Down - Lonely, and i sampled Stereophonics - Maybe Tomorrow

Sample anything and everything. I've found that 70s stuff to be the best because prior to the 70s (and late 60s) recording techniques weren't as good, music wasn't as dynamic. 80s & 90s music can be tough to sample because so much of it was syth based and they used FM sythesis which is something can be amzing when done right but often times they don't have much depth.

Back