What was the first record you sampled?

Man...it was some random song from an orchestra that I did in my Mom's Cakewalk...yeah like everybody else it probably was wack, but I never saved it...wish I could see how it sounded now

My first one was Irene Cara-"Flashdance" I sampled parts from the intro...lol...that beat was wack, but I re did it like a month ago and now it's hot!!! lol

The first thing I can remember sampling was "Impeach the President" and a old album that belonged to my moms "The Best of James Brown". James Brown aka Godfather of Soul has jams that if chopped up properly can reap some incredible samples. Sad that he has lost so much money over the years because people cut his sh#t up and did not pay him his due.......fuc'd up!

To hot beats and phat bank accounts!

Supreme MPC

Theme from Shaft. The most recognizable loop too. I still have the crappy loop, too.

haha i made a beat b4 i produced messin around and that was these boots are made for walking lmao then i sampled like micheal jaCKSON mygirl i think

my homie austin d came to me with a crate of like 40 old and dirty records. some of them cracked, scratched or missing from the sleeves. the first one i sampled was the main theme from rocky, the trumpet loop from the beginning.

hmm

it was either

I Wish It Would Rain - The Temptations

or

an OST from the Medieval Total War game.

buddhahood said:
my homie austin d came to me with a crate of like 40 old and dirty records. some of them cracked, scratched or missing from the sleeves. the first one i sampled was the main theme from rocky, the trumpet loop from the beginning.

I sampled that too for a house song....lol

First song I sampled was...

Dead or Alive: You Spin Me Round

I did a breakbeat type remix of it. A friend suggested I do it. It actually turned out pretty cool. About a month later the band orgy did a cover of it. At least I think it was Orgy.

I really don't wanna disclose the exact song
but it was a real popular rap song in the early 90s
when I was young
and I remember the whole family sittin in front of my Grandma's TV watching them perform it on this award show
and being in school with my friends remixing the words
so when I first got Cool Edit
I knew I had to hit that song

good threaqd.....mines was house of the rising sun....simple guitar loop

Back