What do you use to chop samples?

BayaniMusic

Producer/Song Writer
What's up folks, just curious to know what y'all use to chop your samples?

I prefer Maschine however I've learned how to mess with elastic audio in pro tools, it's a lot more tedious but you have a lot more control over the final result.

i just use fruity slicer, i used to use slicex but fruity slicer does the same things with much less hassle

Since you mentioned Pro Tools, here's a couple things I have done. First is duplicate the playlist a couple times, then make a blank playlist at the top. Put your track into playlist view, now for the clip in playlist 1, you can go to Edit > Separate> At Transients. This will separate the clip at transients. For the clip in playlist 2, you can go to Edit > Separate > At Grid, which obviously will separate the clip according to your grid values. You can create a bunch of playlists and with the original clip on each, and cut it different ways. Now, you can send chunks from each playlist up to the top (blank) playlist and create your chopped/comped take. Then if you want to rearrange you can switch to shuffle mode and drag stuff around. This is a really great way to both chop loops/beats/samples, and either rearrange into something or glitch the hell out of it.

I do Edison then move the chops to the fpc n play them out....

I never understood the whole slicex fruity slicer usage thing....
-to much time for me....

At FL: Edison -->FPC (I think its the fastest and easiest way. I wonder what slicex and slicer offer more and people use them...)

Reason 7. Load the audio file into a sampler, edit it in the editor, import it to an audio track, rearrange, timestretch and pitch it. Faster than any other program IMO.

Some prefer using Dr. Rex in the end, but I like the audio clip editing like i'd do an audio file of a vocal or guitar in any other DAW.

i like to put the sample in edison (fl studio) then use that button that lets you drag parts of the sample and drop it into poise. i prefer poise to the FPC because i really don't like the ASDR in FPC. also slicex sometimes.

i like to put the sample in edison (fl studio) then use that button that lets you drag parts of the sample and drop it into poise. i prefer poise to the FPC because i really don't like the ASDR in FPC. also slicex sometimes.
are there any other vst's like FPC and Poise? just wondering..

Reason 7. Load the audio file into a sampler, edit it in the editor, import it to an audio track, rearrange, timestretch and pitch it. Faster than any other program IMO.

Some prefer using Dr. Rex in the end, but I like the audio clip editing like i'd do an audio file of a vocal or guitar in any other DAW.

I do the exact same thing in ableton. Import into an audio rack, warp then I got two choices. I can either mess around with the pitch and tempo of the sample right then, freeze and flatten(basically four mouse clicks) then set my warp markers again then slice to midi then it's time to smash those pads in or I'll just pitch the sample up or down and mess with the tempo and arrange the sample however I want in the arrange view. It's exactly what you described. I just wanted to say I'm astonished you actually get to import and slice audio directly in Reason now.

Back