What do you guys do with your sampled beats?

djtaynoel44

What's going on FP? Just a question I've been curious about. What do you guys do when you finish a sampled beat? Do you post it for showcase, sell it as a lease, or only exclusive? This subject kind of stump me, because I sample every once in a while. But as far as selling it I don't want to get into copyright infringement. Even though hip hop was built on sampling what's your opinion? How do you handle the business side of sampled beats? Share your experiences!

Much love,
DJ Tay NoeL

As part of your lease contract - state where any samples have come from - state that the onus for obtaining clearance for the sample lies with the artist

What's going on FP? Just a question I've been curious about. What do you guys do when you finish a sampled beat? Do you post it for showcase, sell it as a lease, or only exclusive? This subject kind of stump me, because I sample every once in a while. But as far as selling it I don't want to get into copyright infringement. Even though hip hop was built on sampling what's your opinion? How do you handle the business side of sampled beats? Share your experiences!

Much love,
DJ Tay NoeL

I sample as well sometimes. The main thing you need to look for when it comes to sampling is finding out whether or not it's a royalty free sample. IF the sample is royalty free, you can use it in anyway you please. When I give out royalty free samples, I don't even require that I'm given credit, though its much appreciated. So all in all, if it's a royalty free sample, you can use it in any way you please. Lease, exclusive, etc.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Check me out, Feedback please.

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-dirty-south-etc/chill-hip-hop-banger-514277/

If you are mangling the samples enough that you can't really tell where it came from then I would try recreating the sample yourself. I do this all the time because I work in the TV industry and my stuff can't have uncleared samples in it. So I'll try and recreate whatever I was sampling using my voice/instruments/etc.

Back