What do you all think of my sampling style?

jayp2012

Ive been making beats for about 6 months now. Its about six months since ive been on this site but for the past couple months ive been trying to perfect sampling. Id greatly appreciate it if you all checked me out at MrrJmastaP on youtube. and tell me what i can work on and tell me what strong points i have. Just tell me what you all think. Much love, God Bless!....sorry i cant post any links yet..

You have good taste in samples but you need to work on getting the sample to match the drums. Your beats sound sloppy and unprofessional and no one can rap to that kind of stuff. Try using edison to chop samples and slicex to play them out. Also try and chop on the beat so that you can play out the sample as if it were looped. Listen to the sample and count out 1 and 2 and 3 and 4. Place your chops on the numbers. This gives you much more freedom to play around with the drums and manipulate the sample any way you want. Anyways these are just guidelines to getting started. Once you master the basics you can break all the rules you want.

Just throw a sample in Slicex and chop it up. Normalize the song first in Slicex. After you chopped up the entire sample than do "Play through end".
Make the Attack 1 cent slower so the "Plops" are out of the chops.
And get ready to go in the Piano Roll and sequence it.

Than pitch it up or down in 100 cents. Than match the BPM of FL Studio to the sample.
If you want the sample's tempo to go faster but make the pitch-tone higher or lower.
You need to Pitch Shift it at "Pro Default" and change the Pitch Coarse in 1 semitones.

That's all i do.

Last edited:
Back