What is the best tool for sampling with cubase ?

Nash Music

Hi,

For all cubase users what do you use for cutting and editing samples in cubase ?

Recycle ? Cubase' tools ? other ?

if the daw dont got what u need then y use it
For the price of Cubase why not. Its really a simple add on. Hell people use vsti most of which do not come with said DAW. This reply doesn't make any real sense. To the OP there is no one best tool. Try short Circuit. Its free and lots of people like it. I use Giest or Reason rewired to Sonar.

anything would do to cut the sample but if you want to add effects or eq, progs like wavelab and even some free-ware will suit, but me i use Cubase for samples as i can cut fade and add X to in no time and the problem with playing samples in reason unless they fixed in reason 6 was the samples had to be played from the start unlike cubase that can play the sample from any point. Now to many thats no prob as using short samples but one time i was using a long sample and to listen to x unwanted bars to have the sample play and get the feel of it with the rest of the mix.... so cubase can save you time.

Cubase once allowed you to set up an external audio editor as the default, so if you clicked on an audio track you could edit it with Wavelab, ReCycle or whatever you like, but the ability to do this was scrapped due to issues related to adding unlimited undos, so when working within Cubase projects it's often a good idea to stick with the integrated editor for this very same reason. When working with samples I tend to use Wavelab, but I might use ReCycle or something else depending on my needs.

Back