What is this bass synth I keep hearing?

Psychophoria

Good afternoon everyone.
I recently started sampling some funk after inheriting my brothers Maschine and Numark.
I'm having trouble figuring out what type of bass is used in a lot of 80s funk.
Probably a rather simple answer to this one, I just simply can't find the bass on my Maschine.
I can't post any links because I'm rather new to these forums, but here are the songs I'm talking about.

Advance - Take me to the top
Chemise - She can't love you

Thanks a lot!

Was/is your bro a producer? Listen the genre you want to sample, not just to lift what you plan to flip but to ultimately gain appreciation for it as it took time that today's generation wouldn't care to make use of.

Was/is your bro a producer? Listen the genre you want to sample, not just to lift what you plan to flip but to ultimately gain appreciation for it as it took time that today's generation wouldn't care to make use of.

My brother purchased all the equipment for music production; Maschine, Numark NV, Mixing Board, Monitor system.
He ended up really not using it at all, therefor I have all the gear now.
I've been doing music production for a long time, but none of it was electronic. I was in many traditional drum, bass, guitar, vocals bands throughout high-school and early college, but I've always liked 80s funk. I believe it's a genre I'd love to sample, and I have been for about solid month now.

Last edited:
Back