Want to sample live brass instruments

U

UPPER_CUTT

Guys I want to get together some brass players and have them play different riffs for me. How hard is this to do?? Finding the muscians isnt hard, but I've never recorded live artist before.

advice please

dansta2k said:
youll need a good mic/preamp and a good room

Go to the local college/university.

For $20, get a multi-instrumentalist in a practice room, and you can get some sounds, and they can have pizza/beer money in 30-60 minutes.

I love madTiger's response!! that **** is classic... i say the do it yourself route is the easiest and most proper for getting the sound you want...i mean its not like you're a composer so you can really truly only get one notes out of these guys. About recording it though. One mic for all and a good composition so everything works together (including harmony) and last but not least...work hard on emphasis. I am a band major for the moment and i studied and was in band throughout junior high and high school...get into it man. Then you can become a multi-instrumentalist like ol boy said up there...that way you wont have to hire anyone to mess your **** up

-trade

Hey i did it once i used my high school band room practice room good mixer computer and real nice mics and got the job done in 2 hours.

Back