Vinyl Turntables VS. CD Turntables

• Thread starter Sosa_Da_ROCStar
  • Start date
S

Sosa_Da_ROCStar

I dont even know if its real live shii..buh muh man had said that u could sample songs from cds with the cd turntables connected to your MPC..if it is i was wondering y producers dont just sample off that rather than goin to music stores and getting vinyls..is a just a choice or is there a BIG reason why vinyl is tha shii..wat yall think.?:monkey:

The CD turntable only plays CDs.
The "Vinyl" turntable(which I remember back when that was the only type of turntable around) only plays Vinyls.
Vinyls are alot older than CDs.By the time CDs became the standard storage for music, literally millions of records have been made on vinyl.But for every record company to reproduce every vinyl from their catelouge onto CDs would cost waayy too much, not to mention that they wouldn't recoup thus they would end up losing money.
Why do people use vinyl?
Rarer ****.

^ Yeah, summed up pretty well there, all the **** people sample are from waaaaaay back, that's why we can never tell where a certain melody or vocal cut is from, but one time I let my dad listen to some Dilla tracks, and he knew where one of the samples were from, I was impressed.

cd turntables are justa waste of money if you use em for sampling u just put the cd into ya pc and then rip the ssongs on to ya pc and sample like that

For $20 bucks, you usually get 20 LP's to listen to. For 20 Cd's, how much are you gonna pay?? Plus you get the artwork & pictures, who played on it etc...it's like 10 cents a song, and you own the sh*t forever.

cd decks are for dj's man ... gettin jus for sampling is a waste.

Plus you have to drop serious dough to get a decent set

get some 1210's !

Uh, what are you talkin about? The reason people sample from vinyl isn't about money or rare stuff... It's because vinyl records sound 1000 better than cds for hip-hop samples. CD's are clean and cold, vinyl is dirty and warm, which is the hip-hop sound.

Get it straight!

I think it also falls under vinyl having certain characteristics that you don't find on CD's... Normal wear and time can actually enhance an album, unlike CD... but Infamous pretty muched summed it up, so many albums, cost to much to transfer them to CD's...

Vinyl is more warm and dirty like dude said. For that real hip-hop calssic sound. CD's is good too, because you can dirty them up too, since there clean.

rhyming prophecies said:
cd turntables are justa waste of money if you use em for sampling u just put the cd into ya pc and then rip the ssongs on to ya pc and sample like that
what if u dont have access to a pc or cd ripping software lol. cd turntables have a place as does vinyl u just gotta know wtf ur doin with it all

Xabiton said:
what if u dont have access to a pc or cd ripping software lol. cd turntables have a place as does vinyl u just gotta know wtf ur doin with it all

I had a Discman and an MPC before I had my own computer. but that was 7 years ago and this thread is still stupid. but to answer it I have sampled off of EVERY single format. I did it off a reel to reel and casettes. I got vinyls that will NEVER be on CD. I also sampled off the internet but that was two years into production.

Tyree D. said:
I had a Discman and an MPC before I had my own computer. but that was 7 years ago and this thread is still stupid. but to answer it I have sampled off of EVERY single format. I did it off a reel to reel and casettes. I got vinyls that will NEVER be on CD. I also sampled off the internet but that was two years into production.
thats my point. sample whatever u can get ur hands on. if u cant find a track on vinyl but u can on cd u will still jump on the cd if u cant find it on vinyl or cd but u find a mp3 or a 8track cassette dont act like u wouldnt sample that too

Back