Vinyl Help

H

hmp007

i just got my turntable in today and im bout to go down the block and pick up some records.
any good suggestions? i usually just dig online and what not but any suggetions would be greatly aprreciated.
-- hmp :bigeyes:

Look for any Barbra Streisand record. Her stuff is really rare and hard to find though.....LOL :rolleyes:

But nah, what do you like to sample? What do you normally look for online? If you like soul go buy some soul records, Jazz? buy some jazz records. Look for artists you have already sampled. Maybe buy some shit that looks crazy or sparks an interest.
A portable TT will help too, that way you can listen and don't bring home a bunch of shit.
Everyone has different tastes and methods. Eventually you'll know what you like and should buy

Helps to do some homework/research
Here's a start
http://www.cratekings.com/10-record-digging-secrets/

WOW. Gilson you're the man. I appreciate that. i just got a portable TT today, so that'l come in handy. but i mainly look for some jazzy ish, classical, and anything that has nice piano or strings in it.

i just flipped this from some thread in here as well, here's what i mainly go for.
flip -->

http://www.divshare.com/download/11103692-e6d

(at least listen like one minute thru, its got a nice change up, the whole beggining is a lil intro i guess.) turn speakers up it recorded soft

but yeah thanks man ill take your advice and get to it.

Look for any Barbra Streisand record. Her stuff is really rare and hard to find though.....LOL :rolleyes:

But nah, what do you like to sample? What do you normally look for online? If you like soul go buy some soul records, Jazz? buy some jazz records. Look for artists you have already sampled. Maybe buy some shit that looks crazy or sparks an interest.
A portable TT will help too, that way you can listen and don't bring home a bunch of shit.
Everyone has different tastes and methods. Eventually you'll know what you like and should buy

Helps to do some homework/research
Here's a start
http://www.cratekings.com/10-record-digging-secrets/

not for nothing but streisand had a couple of ill samples EX (intro for "woman in love") one of my first flips ever infamous mobb took that beat from me

not for nothing but streisand had a couple of ill samples EX (intro for "woman in love") one of my first flips ever infamous mobb took that beat from me
link to the song? the first track Ive known sampled of that song was Royce Da 5'9 and Amerie I was mad too kuz I sampled it the same way before i heard the song

just started my collection a couple weeks ago man...but i've always wanted to since was a little man so i knew what i wanted to sample

the 50 cent crates are definitely your friends lol...and you'd be hella surprised how often i pick one just based on how crazy the cover and comes out sounding ridiculously dope

can never have too many too..i ransacked my uncle's old collection and got almost 75 records..bout to raid my aunt's old collection if she lets me :)

Yeah man im pretty excited. im goin to some record store down the block today. hopefully they got a nice lil selection. ya i just raided my friends dads old basement and got some pretty good lookin stuff haha.

someone once donated 12 crates to me out of them 12 crates i managed to make 3 crates of good material
do you guys keep your junky records ??

Only time I ever get shitty records is when I buy a lot from someone. Or when someone who knows I collect records gives me a box of christmas records or some shit lol I don't just collect any and all records people! lol
But ya, I get rid of the shitty records. Always sell them to Half Priced Books, they typically give $1 a record. Usually make money off buying lots from people.

just got back from the record store. Gilson, took your advice on the Barbara Streisand, copped me three of those, got some good s*** in em - -thanks for the suggestion! then some like george gershwin and others. hah. im pretty stoked

ya I was just joking bout the Streisand lol, but hell ya if you found something you like on em!

hahaha oh well thanks alot for makin me feel dumb! oh well, only cost me $1.50 lol
pulled one nice sample off one of em so there ya go hah

Last edited by a moderator:
Back