Vinyl Digging vs. 8 track/Cassette Digging

I know a whole lot of people use vinyl for digging but does anyone use 8 tracks or cassettes anymore? Maybe there is a reason everyone wants vinyl (makes them feel like a dj?lol). Most people around here already snagged all the good vinyls at the local store so there was plenty of tapes laying around so I got down on them, just wondering if anyone else digs for tapes, 8 tracks????

I dont dig but i found an old tape last year in a box full of crap and it had some nice stuff on it... I choped the hell outa that bastard.

noblewordz said:
I dont dig but i found an old tape last year in a box full of crap and it had some nice stuff on it... I choped the hell outa that bastard.

werd, u still have a track that u made off it?

Caponegville said:
Most people around here already snagged all the good vinyls at the local store

That is NOT true. You have to go back often. Thrift stores get new shipments of junk weekly.

...and people like records because you can slow them down/speed it up, and get the tempo right before you even record the sample. You can do it with CDs, Mp3s, tapes or 8-tracks, but you have to use software and junk...with records you just slow 'em down, that's it.

...and yes, people dig for tapes, 8-tracks, VHS, Beta & Laser Disc

Yeah.
I sample off anything.

Sometimes i sit with my sampler connected to my tv just to sample random ****... you never know what you can find.

yea i'll sample any and everything, mp3's, vhs, cassette, vinyl

but cassette gives me the most trouble with clarity, my mom's old arabic cassettes from the 70's have some gold samples on them, but the quality makes it hard to sample it smoothly.

Back