Video Tutorial: Making a sample based beat From scratch?

jgutta23

I need a video on how to sample from scratch. Like how do I chop smoothly in FL Studio and properly align my chops so they flow smoothly within the song. I wanna learn how to extract vocals and pitch them if I need to.

There are many ways to do so, and the best way to learn is by experimenting with it yourself. That said, I'll see if I can create a short tutorial on it, though I'm sure there are already many videos about this on YouTube.

i would like to see this too, i developed my own way of doing it but i would like to compare it to some one elses method, to see if i can learn something more. you can never learn too much haha

There are many ways to do so, and the best way to learn is by experimenting with it yourself. That said, I'll see if I can create a short tutorial on it, though I'm sure there are already many videos about this on YouTube.

Bro if you could that would be great.

I need a video on how to sample from scratch. Like how do I chop smoothly in FL Studio and properly align my chops so they flow smoothly within the song. I wanna learn how to extract vocals and pitch them if I need to.

Wow, the blind leading the blind. Extract vocals huh? You wont learn that because you cant extract stuff. I believe people say, "Its like trying to take an egg from an already baked cake."

Wow, the blind leading the blind. Extract vocals huh? You wont learn that because you cant extract stuff. I believe people say, "Its like trying to take an egg from an already baked cake."

Is it just EQ'ing properly? Cause I know when I listen to Kanye and Just Blaze beats their vocal samples sound different. When I try to sample just a specfic part of the vocal I get all the other instrumentals too and when I EQ it and roll off the low end, it sounds like crap

Is it just EQ'ing properly? Cause I know when I listen to Kanye and Just Blaze beats their vocal samples sound different. When I try to sample just a specfic part of the vocal I get all the other instrumentals too and when I EQ it and roll off the low end, it sounds like crap
Yeah, that's just EQing. There is a way to create acapella's by using the instrumental of the original song to select what you don't want to hear, and vice versa to create instrumentals if you have tha acapella, but that doesn't always work out great + there are not many acapellas or instrumentals of songs you might sample.

itll work but u have to havethe exact same sound quality of both
Yeah, that's just EQing. There is a way to create acapella's by using the instrumental of the original song to select what you don't want to hear, and vice versa to create instrumentals if you have tha acapella, but that doesn't always work out great + there are not many acapellas or instrumentals of songs you might sample.

For chopping I use Edison and the layer method(where you use a layer channel and set up the samples so you can bang out on your computer keys).

honestly the best way to learn is trial and error. chop on the down beat and get cracking. check out youtube and worry less about how to do it in FL studio and more how to do it in general. Ive used so many different tools and really its all about the same on everything.

i think i do it the right way already.
I just chop it up in Slicex, pitch it up and down. (or pro default pitch-shifting)
route the whole Slicex through a mixerchannel and get busy.

Copy the Slicex and route it through a different mixerchannel for the Low-Pass Filter.

Back