Using Samples

Setrono

Setrono
Background: So I have been using FL studio to make my music. None of it has used sampled parts.

I have been toying with sampling for the past few months and have actually gotten quite good at it! But what I mean by that is, I can cut out catchy parts and loop them.

I am GREAT at looping, but I just cannot seem to put it into a song. I have tried using them with just a drum pattern doesn't sound Official, good but not Official. Same deal when I try with my own melody. I have tried both instrumental sampling and vocal sampling, BOTH AWESOME at looping, just can't fit it in. And I KNOW what type of vibe I want it to have.

Any tips or anything I'm missing,or when putting it all together.

Basically I just want to know how to flip. TELL ME EVERYTHING

Last edited:
practice makes perfect... sum samples will sound fuller than other... maybe try adjusting the pitch shit... idk

there is no right or wrong answer to this. there are no how to sample guides because A) everyone is different and B) every sample is different. The key to sampling is making it your own. Do something with it that nobody else would probably do Some people find great loops everyone else ignores and others like Kanye find great loops and makes them into songs nobody else would make.

Back