Tutorial: How to chop samples

I use a simple program called acid pro to grab the sample loop. it renders out fast. try it <<, you can also record streaming audio from the web, so its easy to grab an old school sample

The beauty is you do it how you want or learn new ways by experimenting. I try on different DAWS and hardware just to get that other perspective.

Have you guys ever used Melodyne for sampling or pitching acapellas? I think if you're into that Skrillex type sampling its pretty good plugin.

any tips on how to make individual chops flow better when put together? The way most producers chop it just sounds so natural... zero crossing points dont really do the trick for me. Are they using minor fade outs at the end of each chop?

any tips on how to make individual chops flow better when put together? The way most producers chop it just sounds so natural... zero crossing points dont really do the trick for me. Are they using minor fade outs at the end of each chop?

Im thinking the same.. Im trying to beatmatch the loop with the DAW. And then chop it in 8th notes or whatever you'd like.. But that still doesn't get a good flow.. Maybe its after chopping you go and edit each chop and "clean it"?

Back