Turntablism

M

Mr. Jay

I've become very curious about turntablism lately. I don't own any turntables, but I would like to add the abilities of a turntable into my beats. You know like small breaks as if stopping and starting the record to the lyrics and things in that genre. Not particularly the scratching. So would I have to actually put that into the beat myself by deleting parts of the track? But what if my client buys the beat and wants to add that stuff, would he/she do it him/herself or do we actually have to put it on wax to add that according to their lyrics? What do you have to recommend. Much appreciated!

Mr. Jay said:
So would I have to actually put that into the beat myself by deleting parts of the track?

Use whatever you'd normally use to mute sections of music. You could record cuts live off a playback of the beat, or edit in pre-recorded ones. Editing in would be particularly easy for just small break sections you only want for a few bars.

Mr. Jay said:
But what if my client buys the beat and wants to add that stuff, would he/she do it him/herself or do we actually have to put it on wax to add that according to their lyrics? What do you have to recommend. Much appreciated!

Your cuts will be recorded in a different channel in a session. The choice is theirs to purchase the instro with cuts or without. If they buy without, then they can do their own cuts.

Back