Turntable for sampling?

Sidetrack'd

Right now, I have this Ion Vinyl-to-MP3 turntable for sampling records, and I would like to upgrade to something better, that works in analog rather than converting to MP3. Any ideas? Also, if y'all could tell me how to hook it up to record into my daw, that would be great.

Techniques would be my first suggestion, but those are bank. You could go with Stanton or Numark for a cheaper price, I have a Stanton T.52X. As far as connecting it to your DAW, you need an RCA to 1/4" TRS cable to either your mixer or audio interface.

I have an Akai AP100-C, and I really like it! It was secondhand (30$) and had an Ortofon Element, a quite high grade one. The needle needed replacement (30$). After the replacement, it sounded amazing! Costed me only 60$ in total, and got a good secondhand turntable with great sound quality. When ur not gonna be scratching with it, a belt drive will do well enough.

Buying a turntable new, just for sampling, is probably going to be too much money for what you need it for. Especially when ur buying a more DJ type turntable.

I would look on Ebay, to find a secondhand turntable. See if it got a good element (you prolly replace the needle), and ur good to go.

Right now, I have this Ion Vinyl-to-MP3 turntable for sampling records, and I would like to upgrade to something better, that works in analog rather than converting to MP3. Any ideas? Also, if y'all could tell me how to hook it up to record into my daw, that would be great.

NEVER BUY A USED TURNTABLE OFF OF EBAY...

Heres why: There are 2 types of turnatables BELT drive and DIRECT drive...
Belts are what it sounds like: a rubber coated thing like whats on your car connecting your alternator to your engine...these things wear out and get flabby ovet time, and because so many wanna be DJ's SCRATCH on them, these belts are beat to hell, never replaced, and them sold on EBAY. A V O I D...
When you buy a new in the box turntable, it is semi-assembled...YOU attach the belt, YOU set up the BALANCE of the counterweight,
YOU set up the cartridge in the arm CORRECTLY...
ALL of this is VITAL...if you dont know how, or use a mystery turntable that has been improperly set up, it WILL EAT YOUR RECORDS, and ruin them, destroying the groove where the sound is recorded, and collecting dirt, dust and crap on the needle which will ruin the NEXT RECORD YOU PLAY, and so, on, and so on...
The Numark TT USB is a nice starter one, as well as its little brother, the PT-usb, if you wanna take it with you when you go digging for wax...

I'll make a note of that....but how much will the original sound be affected if the vinyl is converted to digital rather than leaving it as analog? I've heard something around the way about how you lose that "warm" sound when converting.

TECHNICS !! The best turntables you can find! I just got my Technics SL2000, it's one of the best and you can have it for around 150$. And please never go with a usb turntable, it's the worst you can find..made out of plastic and feels really cheap. You're not gonna get the full sound like a real turntable.

i got a pair of american audio vt something or other. they came with a mixer and a receiver from the pawn shop. got some records from my dad. i only use one and the mixer but im thinking of taking up turntablism. i just run um into fl and listen through there so if i find a sound i want i just rewind and record.

If you really want a good sound, nothing beats a classic SL1200... they're worth the price if you really want a great sound. The thing is that you also have to get a good cartridge and needle too. You're looking at spending some $ but it's all you'll need... aside from an interface with phono inputs ;)

Back