Turntable?

henkhakkebar

Superproducer
So I have been making music for quite some time now, and I am getting more serious into it. As most of my music is sampled, I need sample material.

So I search for samples on youtube. Which I don't like.

Most of the time, tracks uploaded are shit quality, and/or uploaded to show what Premier or Dilla already used.

So I want to start to sample vinyl records.

What turntables, or what brands are recommended? Direct or Belt drive? What turntable has the best price/quality? Will those cheap Vinyl to mp3 usb things do the job good enough?

My budget is going to be around 100-150$

Thanks in advance.

With $100-$150 it's going to be a belt drive, which will be completely fine if you simply intend to listen to records and sample them. You'd need a direct drive if you wanted to scratch.
Something like the Numark TT USB or the Audio Technica's usb models will probably fit your needs.

numarks seem quite popular for sampling records, you might be able to pick up a second hand for that price, if your not gonna be scratching and purely wanna just sample vinyl then you can get a record to wave converting turntable for real cheap.

Throw your record on hit the button and it'll convert to a wave file.

Hope this helps

I really have no idea regarding this, eagerly looking for the replies you get, so that I can also gather some knowledge about it.

Back