tube preamp for sampling

ianscott111

Hi,

I've asked this question before, however, I didn't specifically ask it for sampling...

I'm debating about whether to get a tube phono preamp (EAR 834P) for sampling from a Technics SL-1200 into an Ensoniq ASR-10. My question is, would the quality be worth the money ($900+)? I could buy a (much) cheaper phono preamp, however, if there is a difference in sound quality, I would buy the tube one. Thanks.

I wouldn't spend that much on a phono preamp. Any good mixer will do just fine, and you can use vst/dx effets to warm it up if needed.

well no vst or effect plugin can recreate the real warmth of a tube, but to be honest, this amount of money for just a phono pre-amp seems not worth it

As most people know, Im real anal about mixing...

But this is the one time I don't think a tube preamp is needed. For the simple reason, that if you sample from very old records, it was done with alot of tube and other analog stuff anyway. So I really don't see that much of an advantage. Matter of fact, a tube VST :(, would not serve a purpose...

Just stick to a good phono preamp, plust the ASR converters have alot character.

Now if we are talkin about a regular preamp, now that is another story...

i knew u were GUNNA corect my spelling dork
lets see how long we can keep this thread on this page wanxta ohh yea ur beats sound like they from 92 my g

are u a hip hop artist or an english teacher u acting like a cop officer

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

lets keeep this wac thread on the main page my g

are you gonna contribute to this site or just talk smack and act like a complete jackass?

16ljvxc.gif

Last edited:
Its really funny how whenever someone calls someone out on their doucheyness these days their automatically a "hater" i hate that word its pretty much the epitome of whats wrong with hip hop nowadays.

good morning fellas i see you like this thread on the first page oh and by the way your not a hater where ever did i come up with that sorry jack

Back