The truth vs 901_rice_street

WHICH BEAT U LIKE ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Both beats were pretty good the only problem i have with yours Truth is the drums other then that my head was noddin to both beats had great chops and arrangement but ima have to go with Truth on this one i was really feeling that if the drums were harder then it would been a straight banger

Truth....Nice choice of chops and mixing was quite nice too. I agree with Sosa in regard to the drumsa although the snare were my biggest nitpick....Had they been up more and had more snap.....banger for sure..

Rice beat was cool with some layering but just not feelin the choice of chops all too much... Bit too basic for my tastes.

Basically though Truth had me noddin more than rice..
VOTe Truth.

Sample is cool though might give this a flip for the hell of it..

the drums r more of a natural feel i dont want listeners ears hurting when they chose to hear it on head phones '

truth fo sho....but rice did his thang, i dont think there is anything wrong with the drums....they dont always gotta be bangin, they just gotta match the feel

Last edited:
Aaah this was a really hard decision, i felt both flips were dope and the drums on Truths fitted with the song (no need to be harder hitting or anythin)

But i'm going to have to give it to Rice, it had that great 80's hip hop style going on!

2 be honest wit ya i didn't like Truths drums at all...the chops were pretty cool but....overall i expected more!
As for 901 Rice Street..At first i turned the beat on and i didn't like it at all too (lol)..and as i was about to turn it off.. the verse part come on!...and i have to say dat it suprised me very much!! if there was no chorus i think it would've been a great beat!!
Soooo...From a scale from 1-5... I would give Truth - 3...and Rice St. - 3.5...It was close....

Last edited:
wow............901's beat was dope.......this sounds like california
.......truths was cool too but the mix was total garbage

901 for the WIN

Last edited:
Mannnn.... The fact that Rice had "You're just a memory..." in a flip-battle is just too much to say no too.

One of the closest decisions as far as liking the beats, but I gotta give it to Rice for that sample used lol.

Mannnn.... The fact that Rice had "You're just a memory..." in a flip-battle is just too much to say no too.

Thanks. I would've actually liked mine if I had of pitched that part correct with the chops and arranged the other parts I loved in the sample. I rushed the beat though, had stuff to do inbetween making the beat. I didn't even have time to chop it like I normally do but I knew I wanted that part in there and caught hell trying to make it blend, it's possible, but had a deadline plus everybody all of a sudden needing me to help them do nonsense they could do for self (and taking they time on my time). I left it like it was and said F it.

Edit. Pats myself on the back for taking the chopped sample, dupin it, and adding a wah effect to it. That "wah guitar sound" is actually the duped chopped loop ladies and gentlemen (like yall really give a ****). lol

Last edited:
Back