Tony Mahoney - No Sleep beat tape

tonymahoney

What up ya'll, been lurking round these woods for a while, thought I'd throw up a little something I pieced together..a lot of it is mad rough but **** it lol. Got a few of the samples I used on the beat tape from here..Any feedback would be greatly appreciated..peace

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KSRMNFW8

Link doesn't work

"The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable."

Hey the album is really dope.. I lıked so much but can you tell us the sample u used ? really we want them ? can u ? ???

the lıst of the samples ? ıd them please...

Damn all the samples u used are fckind dope, great choice. But the beats have 0 variation, you just loop them out for 4 minutes without a change in drums, sample. You could have done some much more with the beats. I came past your youtube account yesterday and I thought the same thing!

Peace

Damn all the samples u used are fckind dope, great choice. But the beats have 0 variation, you just loop them out for 4 minutes without a change in drums, sample. You could have done some much more with the beats. I came past your youtube account yesterday and I thought the same thing!

Peace

Thanks for the feedback man..most of these are my early beats, I'd only been producing for a couple of months when I made a lot of them, so I was just experimenting with my sound more than anything. I don't like to make my beats too technical though, the mc has to be able to sit and write to them without the beat flying all over the place. I got another beat tape where the beats are slightly more varied though

Killaface - I dont remember the samples for a lot of them, I got a bad habit of not saving the sample in the beat folder, so I couldnt tell u a lot of them even if I did want too

Peace

---------- Post added at 02:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 AM ----------

im downloading now. which vst was it that he recommended?

an sp1200 VST emulator..dope as ****..the link for the thread should be either on this page or page 2

Last edited:
yeah man , the samples are really dope . but I Cant give you too much credit . because theese all were jus looped and added drum hihat and snare . thats it , no fx , percs. or nothing . also you gotta do some change ups , i know the artist gotta breathe , but come on , you cnt just loop 23 samples and call it a beat tape

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback man..most of these are my early beats, I'd only been producing for a couple of months when I made a lot of them, so I was just experimenting with my sound more than anything. I don't like to make my beats too technical though, the mc has to be able to sit and write to them without the beat flying all over the place. I got another beat tape where the beats are slightly more varied though

Totally feeling you man, its hard to make a simple beat, and most dope hiphop songs have simple beats. You make dope things man, keep doing what you do! Keep me posted on new things, add me as your friend on myspace (http://www.myspace.com/lerriebeatz)

Peace,
Lerrie

yeah man , the samples are really dope . but I Cant give you too much credit . because theese all were jus looped and added drum hihat and snare . thats it , no fx , percs. or nothing . also you gotta do some change ups , i know the artist gotta breathe , but come on , you cnt just loop 23 samples and call it a beat tape

I added little sound effects do nearly every one of those beats, some of them got scratched choruses (11, 17) and most of em have beat change ups too. Plus you left out the part where I had to actually find the sample..but yeah thanks for the feedback man, I appreciate it, I definitely need to improve on a lot of areas, there's always room for growth. Your beats are dope also btw, peeped a few on your soundclick..peace

---------- Post added at 03:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 AM ----------

Totally feeling you man, its hard to make a simple beat, and most dope hiphop songs have simple beats. You make dope things man, keep doing what you do! Keep me posted on new things, add me as your friend on myspace (http://www.myspace.com/lerriebeatz)

Peace,
Lerrie

Thanks man, appreciate it. I'll send u a friend request on there now..I peeped the beats on your myspace and they're ill as ****..some inspirational stuff..Keep at it, peace.

Thnx man appreciate that! Got a question, the SD vst, do I need to load it into the mixer? Or how does it works?

Peace

Thnx man appreciate that! Got a question, the SD vst, do I need to load it into the mixer? Or how does it works?

Peace

Here's what I did, thanks to Gilson's help

Go to channel->add one->sd1200

then in the sd1200 u go to panels and click volume and change it to load

load your sample in a wav format on one of the pads

then open the piano roll and sweep thru the keys till u find your sample

Tony said he doesnt know the sample i.d.'s. what's wrong with you. damn.

lol I think he wants some of the sample ids? Just a feeling I'm getting, could be wrong!
Yo Killa I'll send u a private msg with a couple of the samples..I can't give too much away..plus you'll appreciate stuff more that you find for yourself

Back