Tips from Maschine Users

Hey guys, About 2 months into producing still a NEWB But just picked up the new Maschine studio to try out for a bit. Just switched from Logic X where I was using an MPK midi keyboard.

I can't figure out for the life of me in this software/hardware how to do some of the simple tasks in it that i could do In logic in about 2 seconds. So maybe you can help me because NI forum is not working for me and I can't find these by searching.

So What I usually do Is load the sample in and either make my loop or chop it up... (For this beat I'm doing right now it is just a 4 bar loop)

I have the 4 bar loop in the sample window, How do I make it loop so I know exactly where to have my start and end points... I See if I change into "Zone" There is a thing that says loop mode that I turn on but it does not change anything or loop it just plays throughout and stop.

In the sample window How do I "SKIP" Through Playhead. Like in logic i can use my arrows to skip through the sample to find pieces I like while It is playing, I can Only seem to play it from the very beginning with machine and have to listen to the entire loop to see where i want to chop.

And Finally probably the most ridiculous one...... I have a sample in a 4 bar loop or so how do I figure out the BPM so I can change the master tempo and how do I make the 4 bar loop actually play in the arrangements NOT the sample window...

These tasks all seem very very simple but I cannot figure them out on this new hardware ... thanks in advance

I use a mpd18/padkontrol but if you want to learn something you'll have to read a manual, check youtube videos or experiment for quite some time. Or just do all that at once and just learn what everything does slowly over time.

congratulations on your purchase, once u learn to use it u gonna love it. Machine is probably the best buy i ever made.
1: U have to have loop mode activated like u said, but u also have to change the setting ADSR or something like that. U can choose between like three different options and only one works with loop cant rememvber wich one. I cant remember exactly cuz i usually dont do it, but if i find out ill post a more exact description.
2: Im not sure i really understand, but what i do is i just go in sample edit, then i just scroll through the sample with the start point knob and spam the pad so it starts over from the new start point. U have to have polyphony set to 1
3: Theres a coouple of different ways to do it. u can use the tap tempo function but that never works for me. another way to do it is to go to sample edit->stretch, and the the bpm of the current sample will be visible(only works if the sample is truncated). Then theres the method i usually use, wich is this: Hit the STEP button to go into step mode. Then press the first pad so it glows. Now press play. The pattern will play and u just scroll the tempo knob until the sample loops correctly and theres your bpm.
If u need help with anything else just ask. If u got skype or some shit i can help you realtime.
hope this helps peace

Back