time stretching before the 2000 xl ??

tonev

i have maschine n am about 4 months new to sampling n beat making , i know it'll be out soon , but how did everyone from dilla to pete rock time stretch before it came out ?? just record the sample pitched up , then slow it down??? i have ableton/logic/pro tools as well , n a few other things n there just is no easy way to time stretch for me , i dont even want to change the pitch , i just want to be able to speed up a sample so i can lay my drums or to just be able to complete full bars when ever im short with my sequincing so i dont have to mess with my bpm so much i just want to be able to make all my samples a perfect 2-4 bars at about 90-130 bpm all the time ... why is this so hard , can someone explain this step by step or link me a good video because im not dumb im just missing something in the way i was taught or have by told wrong

if its a 2 bar loop you can chop it into 8 equal chops, each chop being one beat. then you just hit each chop one by one however fast you want your beat to be.

Back