To those of you who say you really want to know how to really chop some samples

marco_polo.jpg
MP on that next s**t

I never thought much of the chops on College Dropout with the exception of Space Ships. Good beats but a lot of loops.

I never thought much of the chops on College Dropout with the exception of Space Ships. Good beats but a lot of loops.
just because there aren't little diced up chops doesn't mean he looped anything, i don't think there are any loops on the album. Look what he did to this sample

just because there aren't little diced up chops doesn't mean he looped anything, i don't think there are any loops on the album. Look what he did to this sample

It was a lot of loops. Lol. It was tons of one bar loops on there. Kanye in his prime was just good at taking one bar from here and then combining it with one bar from somewhere else in the song, and then taking another one bar loop from somewhere else for the chorus. That was his thing and he was good at it.

It was a lot of loops. Lol. It was tons of one bar loops on there. Kanye in his prime was just good at taking one bar from here and then combining it with one bar from somewhere else in the song, and then taking another one bar loop from somewhere else for the chorus. That was his thing and he was good at it.

exactly. Nobody said it has to be little bitty pieces to be chopped. I used to chop exactly like that what I said is I never thought much of Kanye's chops on there kuz most of it is straight looped throwing a 1 bar chop in there for variation doesn't really change my mind. Then of course theres Jesus Walks which is a 90 second loop.

could you give me an example im still not hearing any

Apollo Brown!!!

he's insane. I've been listening to that Skilled Trade album for a year now.
he has made some of the best beats ever

notice the original goes : I'm gettin the spirit in the dark, I'm gettin the spirit in the dark, People movin, aw, ain't we groovin?, Just gettin the spirit in the dark.

kanye's goes : I'm gettin the spirit, I'm gettin the spirit, I'm gettin the spirit, people movin, aw i'm gettin the spirit

Back