Are these records good ?

rando

my first records everybody,tell me if they are good !

1. Julio Iglesias-Julio

2.Crystal Gale-Miss the mississippi

3.Guy Lombardo-Your medley

4.The capitol tower hollywood-sound capitol of the world

5.Hooked on classics

6.Symphony for tommy

7.120 music materpieces

8.Music in a mellow mood

9.Allen Tossaint-Life,Love, and Faith

Tell me if I got a good start,I got these at a thrift store for 2 bucks a piece.Just started collecting records since I just got the Akai s2000.

Last edited:
possibilities are endless b.
What i do.. is i pick 1 record out, only one.. and listen to it all the way through. Then i replay it and pick out the pieces i can use... look out for drum breaks and instrument solos. I started doin this when i saw the alchemist interview on youtube, when he said "imagine if u was stuck on an island with 1 record.. you'd be doin **** never thought of" or something like that.

But yeah.. the possibities are endless... slow the sample down, speed it up, filter the **** out of it, layer it and turn it into a whole new sound!
just do u, and keep it original.
Peace

my first records everybody,tell me if they are good !

That's for you to decide and word up on them only being as good as what you can do with them, in my opinion ALMOST anything can be flipped to sound ill so long as you have the right idea and concept, I why should oroginality be compromised with popularity, so whatif you don't have the illest Funk LP with pre used Drum Loops and the same old BORING bassline, why not dig into something strange for awhile and see what you can come up with.

It's that kind of reasoning that makes Madlib such a good producer and Madvillain one of the most important duets in hip hop EVER.

There I said, now go flame me.

chilla2 said:
Ya know not to be mean but your a dumbasss for postin your first joints name and all

^^Dumb and ignorant comment,it was copy'd and pasted from another site and even if it was'nt.......still dumb and ignorant :rolleyes:

why you askin for our approval? If you ask me I would say you picked out familiar records that are common. you also picked out some records that are really expensive to clear.

^^I might just do instruments-drums etc. I'll keep it simple for now,since this will be my first time samplin,then after some months,I'll start to get creative with it and after learn this machine. (Akai S2000)

Fcuk comments like "Ya know not to be mean but your a dumbasss for postin your first joints name and all"... Yeah, possibilities are endless, never forget... Spend some time to make ill isht wit it, take pieces, small, smaller and the smallest pieces and put 'em together. Play wit da sound, make da sound special, make your style of sampling... It's all about time... I hate when somebody fcuk wit somebody else for posting questions like this.. Don't be hatin'

Ey man im not hatin that's the kind of answer i got when i ask questions like that and im protectin him cuz the game dont baby you,ya not gonna get this good treatment when u actually do somethin

ok man it aint like that in my life i dont get goody goody from everyone real niggas will tell you what u need to hear whether its critism or whatever but the better you comprehend them is the better you learn from them

i jus want u to understand i wasnt sayin your stupid im jus sayin its questions like that,that make adult say we dont know what were doin.But i still think asking if the records are good is like asking if your STYLE is good its up to you and what u can make out of it

Last edited:
I have that crystal gayle record theres no good samples on there but there are some decent arrangements if u like classic country

Adversary said:
possibilities are endless b.
What i do.. is i pick 1 record out, only one.. and listen to it all the way through. Then i replay it and pick out the pieces i can use... look out for drum breaks and instrument solos. I started doin this when i saw the alchemist interview on youtube, when he said "imagine if u was stuck on an island with 1 record.. you'd be doin **** never thought of" or something like that.

But yeah.. the possibities are endless... slow the sample down, speed it up, filter the **** out of it, layer it and turn it into a whole new sound!
just do u, and keep it original.
Peace
Thats pretty much what I do when I go digging. Another good goal to set for yourself is to try and sample at least one thing off every record you buy, whether it be a couple loops, one drum break, or even a single kick or snare. It makes your time and money that much more worth while.

rando said:
^^You are so misconscrewed !

Heheheheheh...........misconscrewed.......

I'm not sure if you tried to make up a new word or if you just misused/misspelled "misconstrued" but whatever......misconscrewed is pure gold and I'm going to start using that! :P

As far as the records, why would you really trust someone to tell you whether they are good or not? If you like them and have fun with them, they are good!

One of my favourite records of all time is Warehouse:Songs and Stories by Husker Du. When I tell most 'really elite hip hop producers' that I find that record dope, they laugh at me. The moral of the story is that only you can decide if a record is 'good' or not......

Back