is there yet a way to seperate the vocals and instrumental?

well there are many methods and most of them require a lot of work and most times it never completely removes it
I've heard of it being done with adobe audition and fl studio?. i usually don't even bother, i just try and find an acapella or eq the
$hit out of it.

Pretty much impossible. Like hollandturbine said, the vocals are so mixed in with the instruments that it's a waste of time to even try. There are a few VST plugins that you could try using, such as Clone Ensemble's Voice Trap, but with 98% of songs it's futile.

You can try a center channel extractor but I probably won't sound as good as you want it too... Adobe Audition is has a good plugin for that... Some will also try to eq the vocals out but it might cut into the other frequencies.

i've read about having the instrumental and the original song playing at the same time and changing one of their phases...that way the instruments cancel each other out but like said before, the quality will more than likely be shitty or it wont work at all. Some older songs were recorded in Mono so its a simple channel separation then stereoizing that you have to do. This is also no guarantee, depends on how it was recorded.

If you have the vocal track a capella you can switch phase and eliminate it that way. Otherwise you can bandpass filter the voice, resample that and then switch phase over the original. The problem is that whatever overlaps with the voice frequencies will be canceled out aswell, which means in 9.99 out of 10 cases your sample will sound like shit afterwards.

Wouldn't you be able to use Audacity? It requires a good instrumental of the song, and some work, but you can produce a vocal from there I believe and even if you hear the music in the back ground, it won't be noticeable when you add your drums/sounds to the mix. Or you can EQ the frequencies that don't take away from the sample to help as well. Has anybody had any luck with this?

Back