Is there vinyls out there that aren't on you tube?

Brownz

Sup bros im just wondering is there vinyls out there that aren't on youtube for example kanye west, dre, jsut balze & timbolands samples were they never on youtube? because im thinking to myself should i get a vinyl player to sample stuff that i dont find on youtube in the record store so i can make unique beats that aren't out there what do you think?

Peace

what do you think?

ImpliedFacepalm_max600.JPG

Records were the main format for music for a really long time. Longer than cds and mp3s. There is loads of music out there you wouldn't even believe. Especially music from other countries. You cant just find music on youtube if you don't know what you want.
The whole thing about buying records is that you get to discover music you would never think to listen to ever. Itll become another thing you can do when youre bored or wanna have fun. you can listen to records while you do hw or clean your room or play videogames or something. That way you wont sit there trying to force a beat out like when you search specifically on youtube.

You should definitely get a record player. Go to thriftshops and cop some records for like a buck each. its worth it.
plus you might discover a whole new genre or couple of bands that you will fall in love with

Anything rare enough not to be on the net in some form or another isn't gonna just get stumbled on in a record shop bin. May find it on...wait for it...eBay(which still counts as "the net")...or in a collectable store with a decent pricetag attached to it. People really underestimate the internet.

With that said, millions of records aren't on the net. The reason being is THERE'S ONLY A FEW PEOPLE ON EARTH WITH THEM AND THEY'D LIKE TO KEEP IT THAT WAY RATHER THAN SHARING. that means they won't put them on the net, or leave them at a thrift store or in a record store for an extra buck off the new Rick Ross CD they're picking up, lol. But on youtube alone you can find recordings that only 100 copies were pressed of. And sometimes when you stumble on them they only have like 12 views!!!

Keep underestimating the internet, lol. :cheers:

Last edited:
Anything rare enough not to be on the net in some form or another isn't gonna just get stumbled on in a record shop bin. May find it on...wait for it...eBay(which still counts as "the net")...or in a collectable store with a decent pricetag attached to it. People really underestimate the internet.

With that said, millions of records aren't on the net. The reason being is THERE'S ONLY A FEW PEOPLE ON EARTH WITH THEM AND THEY'D LIKE TO KEEP IT THAT WAY RATHER THAN SHARING. that means they won't put them on the net, or leave them at a thrift store or in a record store for an extra buck off the new Rick Ross CD they're picking up, lol. But on youtube alone you can find recordings that only 100 copies were pressed of. And sometimes when you stumble on them they only have like 12 views!!!

Keep underestimating the internet, lol. :cheers:

I agree.. there are gems to be found on the net.
But the problem lies with the mentality. Cats try and cut corners and think that because there are a few samples on youtube that they can use it as a end all for all of their sample needs. Its plain and simple... if you want to be a great (even good in most cases) producer than you need to get in the crates. I won't even allow myself to go on youtube for samples for the most part... I know that if i start using youtube as a source for samples that my digging will start slacking. I find that i start digging less and less when i'm getting samples online. I also feel the need to have a hard copy of stuff that i've sampled... it doesn't feel quite right if i don't. I find myself looking on ebay for vinyl copies of samples i've made beats out of that i found on youtube. I have a fair but modest vinyl collection that i'm trying to get into the tens of thousands... and I still get looks from dudes that come to my apartment. "Where the hell is the rest of your vinyl?" I hate that. plus i know that there are producers out there that are sampling and have NO vinyl collection... i can't really respect that. That's like a chef making a meal with store bought components. Cooked chicken, making dumplings out of boxed mashed potatoes and shit.... yeen no chef. you're a cook.

You can find a USB vinyl player for under 100 bucks. They don't have the quality build of a real turntable, but more than enough to turn your vinyl collection into mp3s or wav files.

---------- Post added at 07:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 AM ----------

But the problem lies with the mentality. Cats try and cut corners and think that because there are a few samples on youtube that they can use it as a end all for all of their sample needs. Its plain and simple... if you want to be a great (even good in most cases) producer than you need to get in the crates. I won't even allow myself to go on youtube for samples for the most part... I know that if i start using youtube as a source for samples that my digging will start slacking. I find that i start digging less and less when i'm getting samples online. I also feel the need to have a hard copy of stuff that i've sampled... it doesn't feel quite right if i don't. I find myself looking on ebay for vinyl copies of samples i've made beats out of that i found on youtube. I have a fair but modest vinyl collection that i'm trying to get into the tens of thousands... and I still get looks from dudes that come to my apartment. "Where the hell is the rest of your vinyl?" I hate that. plus i know that there are producers out there that are sampling and have NO vinyl collection... i can't really respect that. That's like a chef making a meal with store bought components. Cooked chicken, making dumplings out of boxed mashed potatoes and shit.... yeen no chef. you're a cook.
funny, according to majority of fp, if you want to be a great producer you DON'T SAMPLE. Lol. I have a different stance. I feel like if you want to be great at anything you take advantage of all you resources and don't underplay any technique that gets quality end results. :cheers:

---------- Post added at 07:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 AM ----------

funny, according to majority of fp, if you want to be a great producer you DON'T SAMPLE. Lol. I have a different stance. I feel like if you want to be great at anything you take advantage of all you resources and don't underplay any technique that gets quality end results. :cheers:

he said that only 17% of his collection is avaible on cd,and its the biggest vinyl collection...

he said that only 17% of his collection is avaible on cd,and its the biggest vinyl collection...

There's tons of stuff on youtube, television, and blogspots that is not available on CD as well. Stuff from those same eras that can no longer be found on vinyl because of the limited press that have made there way to the net thanks to contributions from collectors. There's even stuff on itunes that was never made available on CD. CD is not the end all source of comparison to vinyl.

Sidenote: There was alot of other stuff in that documentary that was amazingly dead on. I'd use it at a reality check for the music consumer before I used it as a reality check for the music creators.

Last edited:
of course, cause back in the days people couldn't burn CD's like nowadays.
So if they wanted something to listen to they had to press it on vinyl.

Thats the best way of finding a sample, something no one has ever heard

Back