Tempo sample matching

Fanatic

Im working on a beat where i looped two different parts of a sample, the whole main part of my beat is using one loop and its working out great but now i wanna add sample variation by using the other loop however the tempos dont match up even though they are both tuned down to -2. they loop up perfectly with the overall tempo of my beat how can i make the mesh well?

For Maschine, there is a video on Youtube that says you can do it by d/l a freeware called UVI Workstation. The video wasn't really clear how to do it but it was certainly done with that softwaree. I haven't tried it yet, but when I do I'll let you know. Go to Youtube and search "Maschine Time Stretching"

Yeah Raw Talent's right Maschine don't have timestrech built in (I know it's ridculous).

Another thing you can do is take ReCycle and chop it up into 1/4, 1/8 or even 1/16 depending on how precise you need to be. ReCycle has this feature where it'll reverse a chop and add it to its end which basically extends the chop length so you don't get gaps or overlaps when replaying in another tempo. You can do the same with an ordinary wave editor, just takes a little longer.
Then you just play back those chops back to back. This way the sample will be tight on the beat and you can control the tempo as long as you don't get too crazy.

Last edited:
Back