Submiting Beat CD

N

net-no-mad

If your submiting a beat cd to an artist/label to review it, and each and every1 one of your tracks is sampled based. My question is should I include a list of every sample used for each track? Or just state its entirely sampled and provide them with the credits when a transaction is made. Another question is how many tracks does a standard beat cd include, is 8-10 o.k.?

8-10 beats is good (put your best beats first, keep the intros short) and don't tell them the samples before they buy a beat cus u don't want them jacking ur ish. personally submitting beat cds to A&Rs at major labels is pointless unless you want the beat cd ending up in the pile of 1000s of other demos/beat cds. networking is priceless....

networking? lije myspace and stuff? do people actually get known offa that? I mean do artist who already made it actually check their myspace?

Yea people get known offa myspace.

My boy actually got contacted by Phontae from Little Brother (for those not so smart) because of a beat he sampled.

Not for bad reason either...

i think in general networking goes a little beyond myspace... usually you meet someone into the same scene as you, get their number, keep in contact and hopefully make something out of it. everybody you meet knows someone who knows someone and so on and so forth. soooo basically get a lot of numbers and meet a lot of people because you never know who has a connection or who can help you out.

Back