Stuck on finding the original sample

Sk1nZ

Ableton Addict
Using a well used sample and copyright laws

Ive been searching for hours trying to find where a sample originally came from but ive got no where near finding out, the sample is heavily used in dance music and i can only guess that it has no copyright on it but what do others think?

Ive made a track with it in and plan to send it to a label but im unsure of what to tell them, i can prove its been heavily used by other artists but have no proof of if its copyrighted or not

My guess is its from a old movie but cant be certain, the lyrics go like this...

"Imagine yourself that everything come true what your dream said
Dance on Cocaine, LSD, Ecstasy, whatever
A never ending dream of love

Dance with me, dance with us, dance with me

Follow us to the Cocaine bar and the LSD island..."

There are surely more but the tracks ive found with the sample in are...

Blutonium boy - Cocaine bar Lsd Island
DJ Zany - Sky high
Privellege - The coke man
DJ Nosferatu - Cocaine LSD XTC
Tamer Fouda - Cocaine LSD XTC Whatever
Jellyneck - Base alert

Anyone have any ideas how I would go about sending the track to a label with the sample in it and what i would tell them??

Thanks!

Last edited:
Anyone got some advice on how to approach a label with a track using this sample

Thanks

It's probably copyrighted. I doubt it's in the public domain.

Have you tried putting that list of songs in to the whosampled.com database. See if there are any results!

Cheers,
Jordan

Last edited:
It's probably copyrighted. I doubt it's in the public domain.

Have you tried putting that list of songs in to the whosampled.com database. See if there are any results!

Cheers,
Jordan

never used that site but just checked it out, 2 tracks are showing up, first one is The Coke Man, and then Base Alert in the "who sampled" section

The more i search the more tracks i find with the sample in, ive found more than 20 tracks with it in and a lot have been officially released

Im out of ideas on how to find out unless i message every artist that used the sample

Thanks for the help

Last edited:
What did you originally sample from? Find out the label of that specific record, and give them a polite email. I'm sure, if they have it on a database with easy access, they'll share it.

It wouldn't hurt to ask anyway. You may be surprised how helpful the people at the label will be.

Cheers,
Jordan

Back